How easy is Hubitat compared to Wink?

Can you list what the 7 things you have are? It is likely that community members will help you get them integrated, if possible.

Yea, Hubitat is a much more advanced system. It's starting level, ground floor, so to speak, is far above Wink's ground floor.. like they were on a hill, Hubitat is further up the hill, better views. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks @kamhobbs. I tried to integrate the IFTTT but failed. I linked the account but none of my devices show up on HE. I was going to try and figure it out but I decided i would just pick up different plug-ins and try to get away from any cloud services. Wink left a bad taste for me in cloud dependency!
I'm sure i'll try and research more later this week to link the IFTTT for the Blink Cameras. I'm not too worried as this community seems to have a ton of support! :+1:

2 Likes

Did you go into the Hubitat app, and select which devices you want to use with IFTTT? Linking alone doesn't do anything. You have to do this second step.

Yes. The don't show up.

Hmm. that should have been it.

Did IFTTT make you log in to Hubitat? I just tried it, and it popped up a login window. It then asked which hub, and asked which devices.

At the bottom of the selection page in IFTTT, did you see the deny/authorize button?

Devices you have showing up in IFTTT, will not appear in Hubitat.

If you want to control those non-Hubitat devices via IFTTT, you’d need to create a virtual switch in Hubitat, then share that with IFTTT. Then use it to trigger IFTTT to turn on and off your WiFi/Cloud devices.

2 Likes

Yep.... i misunderstood the directions. I retried it and realized i thought my IFTTT devices would show up in HE. I'm good to go with the IFTTT! Just put a couple of applets together to try and they work like they should! I'll be tinkering with this more tomorrow to fine tune. However, i'm still replacing the outlets, it gives me an excuse to buy more! Who wouldn't want more!!? :grin:

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Let me know if you find any good ones. (ie good price and performance). Thank you!

After doing some research on the forums I replaced all the ihome outlets with Centralite Smart Outlet Mini.
I have these as part of a scene and so far worked flawless. They're nothing fancy but they do what i need which is turn on and off at certain times and i can also manually press a hard button to turn them on or off.

1 Like

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.