How do you save in electric bills?

I really like my IoTaWatt energy monitoring system.

And I wrote a Hubitat Driver for it as well...

2 Likes

Last I looked Sense is cloud based and does not provide any local integration. I'm not sure they even offer an API for a cloud integration do they? I'll have to look again.

The BrulTech interface has gotten a lot better but what's even better is that it can be integrated with so you can access, use, display the data however you want. Several systems have direct plugins for BrulTech.

AFAIK, there is no official cloud integration API. There is an unofficial, "sanctioned" API for cloud integration.

How do you figure this is "sanctioned"? I see no mention on the GitHub repo about any approval/endorsement by Sense at all. Just curious as that type of wording tends to mislead people when things break and API changes.

Anywho since there is a nice python module I can use that to develop a Polyglot NodeServer for ISY :smile:

You're right, there's no official API right now. However, they do have IFTTT integration.

Even though it relies on cloud services, I love my Sense power monitor. It's way better than the other ones that I have tried.

I used sanctioned in quotes because it is widely discussed on the Sense forums with Sense team members occasionally chipping in.

Cool... then sense is aware and hasn't taken it down which is a good sign.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It's helping me by giving me ideas. Appreciate it!