How Do I Reset the Accumulated Energy on the Minoston Z-Wave Plug with Energy Monitor MP31ZP

Tried that method just now and didn't work on reseting energy...sorry to report.

Does the driver offer a "Reset" command on the device detail page? For some Z-Wave devices, this data is stored on-device, not tracked via the driver, so they need to have a command like this sent to them to erase the data there. (There isn't a "standard" Hubitat command name for this, or a capability that requires one, AFAIK; but reset() seems like the de facto one on metering devices.)

1 Like

Read the manual, lol.
Pressing the button 10 times resets the kwh.
Looking at the manual, it seems very much like the Zooz Zen04.

3 Likes

It probably is the same hardware with maybe some firmware differences. The I think the parent company of Minoston is one of the Zooz suppliers.

1 Like

Yes, which is why Zooz protects their firmware, providing it only with proof-of-purchase. Makes sense!

1 Like

Try my modified ZEN04 driver (to unlock the power meter options for any device). Two people have tried it on other similar devices and it worked for both. I have a reset option on the driver which sends the command to the device to reset the stats. I am working on making this driver be universal for all power metering plugs (that follow the standards)

2 Likes

Seems like there would be some safeguards in place for that. Otherwise you could flash the Eva Logik outlet with Inovelli firmware. I think Erik said at one time they stole his rights to that outlet. They are even the same model number!

1 Like

I don't know, but I know that at one point of time, Zooz firmware would convert Monoprice switches/dimmers into Zooz switches/dimmers.

1 Like

I remember that too. But still, they couldn't use a checksum or something to prevent that? I don't mind as a consumer, but I see why Zooz doesn't want their (in my experience) better firmware on every generic device made.

1 Like

That's probably the first thing I threw away! /s

Actually I didn't know the 'press twice and hold for 10s' reset was for the energy accumulation. I thought it was a factory reset as in to get it unpaired, etc.

Thanks for this as it worked to reset the energy.

1 Like

I will try this tomorrow as I prefer a way via the driver to reset it. This switch is in the cabinet powering a very dumb dishwasher. Out of curiosity, is your driver available through the Hubitat Package Manager?

1 Like

Yes but the published HPM version the power metering features are restricted to just the ZEN04. Currently working on a version to add support for the ZEN15 and also will detect third party power metering plugs and turn on the metering features. So for now you would have to manually install it, just copy paste the code or press the RAW button and use that as the import url.

1 Like

This is not a small load.

See, there we go again with my "manuals incompatibility syndrome"...thanks!

I find the concept of clicking the button exactly 10 times daunting.
How about if you only click it 9 times? :slight_smile:

It bursts into flames.

Don't try 11 times, that is quite exciting!

atomic bomb explosion GIF

3 Likes

Just published an update to HPM to allow the power metering functions on any device that follows the standards. Let me know if it works on your Minoston MP31ZP

Just switched to your new driver. Seems like its resets the parameters! I am going to monitor for a day and will report back if any issues arise.

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks like it works just fine. Thank you for implementing this!

2 Likes

Awesome, and if you need to change any device settings just refer to the mfg docs and use the command button to change them manually.