How do I find Biweekly function in Rulemachine?

How do I find Biweekly function in Rulemachine ? I can't find how I make a rule with it....

/Mattias

Perhaps this is what you are after? A Periodic Schedule as the trigger, using the Daily option and every N days, where N is 14? The only thing I couldn't see how to do is set the start day, e.g. if you wanted to setup a rule to start triggering every two weeks from this Friday, I could only set how many days in between....

Simon

1 Like

I use two rules in Rule Machine to set an alarm every other Sunday.

The first one is an alarm that is set for weekly and only goes off if a virtual switch is on. The second rule turns the virtual switch off or on weekly, depending on what state it is currently in:

Weekly Alarm

Conditions

Virtual Switch Toggle (NOTE: This needs to happen AFTER your alarm or whatever you have scheduled occurs)

1 Like

Just to show there are many ways to skin the proverbial cat.

I variation on tray_e's method would be to use one rule and a Boolean.

Trigger weekly on whatever day

If Boolean True
    Do Stuff
    Set Boolean False
ELSE
    SET Boolean True
ENDIF
2 Likes

I like this. The only reason I use the rule set that I do is that they sometimes swap her schedule. So, I need a way to flip the weekends. (Virtual switch does well for this) Otherwise, I would be all over this method..... (And may use it for other biweekly tasks)

Your way is perfectly valid, but as a side note. With the use of variable connectors you can set the boolean via a dashboard just like a switch.

1 Like

I may have to look at that. Would be nice to have one less rule to keep up with.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.