How can I tell that a simple automation rule fired?

very strange. With debug logging turned off, I only get log events when I hit the refresh button. But with debug logging turned on, I seem to get the event logged without hitting the refresh button.

But either way, the Current states doesn't update unless I hit the refresh button.

I just tried the same operation on a couple of zigbee outlets and on most the status updated immediately, but on at least one it did not. The device appears to be working just fine and has a good connection (I think) to the hub.

What driver are you using for the device? Sometimes HE will pick the generic zigbee outlet driver when there may be a specific one for that manufacturer, either available as a standard built-in driver or as a community-supported driver.

I see one in the standard list called "Ikea TRADFRI Control Outlet" but it would be interesting to see if the generic zigbee outlet driver made any difference.

Thanks for trying that @brad5. I am using the ikea driver you mentioned.

I recall reading that to really let the zigbee network figure out the ideal routes etc and for devices to work well, you should turn off the hub for 20 minutes. Maybe I will do that and see if things improve.

OK here's a weird one. I have a Smart Things outlet in my home office and it was turning on and off just fine but not updating the status unless I hit "refresh." I clicked the "configure" button to push a new config to the outlet (at least I assume that's what it does) and now it does report status correctly.

Yeah, every time you change the driver you should hit the configure to make sure all attributes get initialized. I also do it when I first create/discover the device.

@thebearmay Ah, that's good to know. I haven't been doing that. I will go do that for all of my devices.
When I press the "Get Route Table" button nothing happens. Is it supposed to show me the routing table or just refresh it behind the scenes?

Did you mean the link I sent you?

http://192.168.1.11/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

You need to switch 192.168.1.11 to whatever the IP address is for your Hubitat, Then it will open in a browser window and yes you should see it,

@brad5, no I meant the button on the device page. I did visit the url you sent.
I see that both outlets that are powered on are listed as Neighbor table entries and the two devices that are near the hub are listed in the route table.

I have a water sensor that is near the hub and the router outlet that I expect is going through the router outlet rather than the hub.

Pressing the "Get Route Table" button - That'll paste directly into your Log tab.
like this..

2 Likes