How are the Sylvania Smart+ Light Strips?

Sylvania smart+ products are going on sale a lot lately, I assume as clearance since they're killing of a lot of their smart home stuff. I see the light strips for $16 today from a seller on walmart.com, and was thinking of picking up a few. I have a couple of Sengled LED strips in use now, and wonder how these compare. For those of you who have the sylvania light strips, have you been happy with them? And if you have other brands of light strips as well, how do they compare?

The sylvania lightify strips are known problem devices. I'm not sure about the sylvania smart +. I would assume if they repeat, they might give you troubles also. That being said, I have lightifys and love them. But they're on a hub separate from my main hub. I'm sure someone will weigh in on these exact ones, but just know that similar strips are known to be problematic. So it's about what steps you're willing to take to make them work if they become a problem. I commend you for asking before you purchase. Great rule of thumb. I've considered buying these also, but I don't really have a use case for them. Running out of things to automate.

2 Likes

I have one of these mounted on the back side of my headboard in the master bedroom. Makes for some nice mood lighting! I migrated it from Wink and have not had any issues with it.

2 Likes

I have them in my kitchen as under-cabinet lighting, and I have had zero issues with them. --And they're not on a separate hub. Not sure what problems others have had, but I would definitely buy again. They were a great deal.

IIRC, I am just using a generic Zigbee RGBW driver for them, not any special integration.

1 Like

Great to hear, I ordered three of them from Walmart, and was hoping to not get a new hub for it.

1 Like

The colours are not 100% accurate like how the HUEs are but they work fine with Hubitat. Use them with the zigbee controller that came in the box as a single light group. So far no issues and they have been running for a while now.

The only thing that sucks about them is that once you cut the strip you can not reuse the left overs if there isn't a connector on the led (this is different then generic LED strips which you can just solder new leads.

I ordered two more, they were $23 each when re-ordered. Still a quality product for that price.

2 Likes