HousePanel Dashboard App for Hubitat

Did you try to look for them in the Options page? Are they being loaded at all? The default logic might be skipping them yet they might still be there.

Another thing to try is to add them as an Other device. Did you try that?

For what it is worth, motion detectors on a panel have fairly limited use so this thankfully isn't a show stopper, but I still want to know what is going on.

@kewashi

I have been noticing a visual glitch for quite some time now with my door lock.

If I push the tile to lock. The tile icon changes to the locked. Then changes back to unlocked. Then once more to lock and stays.

I am thinking this may have to do with a refresh being called too soon, as the lock actually takes a few seconds to perform the lock action and does not update state until it is complete.

Then again I could be completely wrong. The observation remains the same though :slight_smile:

edit: same thing if going in the other direction from locked to unlock.

Hmmm well, some things do need a delay because they report interim status or incorrect states immediately, but locks shouldn't because the logic is a simple toggle. If locked, it returns unlocked and vice versa. I don't even bother reading the lock status - I just set "newsw" to the value it should be, so a delay shouldn't matter. Anyway something odd must be going on. I updated housepanel.js to introduce a delay for locks like I do for doors and music tiles in a branch called 'lockdelay". Can you give this a try and let me know if it helps? It works for me but so does the original. The delay just shows the new state 3 seconds slower. You'll just need to update the .js file.

[EDIT] I realized Hubitat updates all tiles every 5 seconds so that is probably what is happening. You are getting a 5 second update in the middle of a refresh based on an old state. So I'm thinking the delay I implemented might work. Let me know.

@kewashi

This seems to have resolved it. thank you.

I managed to completely screw my dashboard in the process, but hey if it is worth doing, it is worth breaking and then fixing right????

I have toasted my dashboard more times than I can count... it always comes back better than ever.

One thing you should know is that I no longer prefix Hubitat things with "h_" for the id. This is because I now store the hub number and type in each thing's record so that isn't needed. It only matters for how you might process an API call.

1 Like

Posted version 1.801 with an API update that fixes a bug that caused use of tiles in the calling arguments to be ignored. Also included a fix to the lock display problem that Chris noticed by adding a one second delay to visual updates. Finally, I'm including a simple demo Python script in this update called hpapi.py that shows you how to use the HP API from a 3rd party application. Note that with this version the access token is always in the cfg file so no need to provide it on the command line. Hub numbers need to be provided to use any hub other than the first one found.

1 Like

@kewashi

Does HP support RingDoor bell video feed?

What options does ring provide for viewing feeds outside their app?

@aaron

Has to be something. In ST I can see the video feed without the Ring app.

Unless things have changed recently, Ring had a closed api and the ST integration is an official one i.e. Ring allowed ST access to their video stream. I don't believe there is any unofficial way to access that stream...yet.

1 Like

[EDIT - sorry, didn't see the prior same answer...]Samsung collaborated with Ring to build this feature but there is no publicly available API as far as I know.

HousePanel can display any mpg feed as either a file that is refreshed externally or via a web frame html page. Chris @cwwilson08 figured out a solution that works with vlc. I personally use a python script that scrapes a video mpg from my Arlo cameras that I point HP to. Both work well. The sample python script is included with the HP distribution.

@cwwilson08 can you share the most recent version of your solution?

@kewashi

Yeah I was going to try and help him figure it out. A little google told me there is not an easy way to access the stream that anyone has found.

If you want to use cron-generated or python created video files, HP will work out of the box if you name them arlovideo.mp4, arlovideo2.mp4, arlovideo3.mp4, and arlovideo4.mp4 and store them in the media folder.

Otherwise, name them whatever you want and edit lines 897 through 900 in housepanel.php
These lines look like:

$allthings["video|vid1"] = array("id" => "vid1", "name" => "Video 1", "hubnum" => $hubnum, "hubtype" => $hubType, "type" => "video", "value" => array("name"=>"Video 1", "url"=>"media/arlovideo.mp4"));
    $allthings["video|vid2"] = array("id" => "vid2", "name" => "Video 2", "hubnum" => $hubnum, "hubtype" => $hubType, "type" => "video", "value" => array("name"=>"Video 2", "url"=>"media/arlovideo2.mp4"));
    $allthings["video|vid3"] = array("id" => "vid3", "name" => "Video 3", "hubnum" => $hubnum, "hubtype" => $hubType, "type" => "video", "value" => array("name"=>"Video 3", "url"=>"media/arlovideo3.mp4"));
    $allthings["video|vid4"] = array("id" => "vid4", "name" => "Video 4", "hubnum" => $hubnum, "hubtype" => $hubType, "type" => "video", "value" => array("name"=>"Video 4", "url"=>"media/arlovideo4.mp4"));

[EDIT]
By the way, I use this arlo python library that can be loaded using "pip install arlo" on your rPI.

I will likely switch to pyArlo later. Install with "pip install pyarlo"

Updated HP because I decided asking users to hack the code for their own video file names was absurd. So now all you need to do is change the title of the video tile in the editor to a valid video file name stored in the "media" folder and you will be all set. The file must exist for the video to play. For example, one would go into the editor and modify the header title to "myvideo.mp4" and then store myvideo.mp4 in the media folder. This only works for files with the .mp4 extension. Any other names will simply replace the title bar which for video files is hidden by default.

1 Like

@kewashi

Would it be possible to make the logging in HP to be toggled on or off by the user?

Was also wondering if you had considered a backup / restore option for user dashboards?

Yes but not from the panel. It would only work either in the mobile app or during a reauth.

It is on the todo list. In the meantime you can just download and save your hmoptions and customtiles files when you have a setup you like.

1 Like

Feature implemented for Hubitat in the version I pushed today. To use this reload the app in Hubitat and you will see a new toggle option to disable logging.

This update also includes a new password feature so you can now use HousePanel on a public server and easily protect it from prying eyes. The password is set on the auth page. Once set you have to type in the password before HP will display. If you forget the password the only way to recover it is to manually edit the hmoptions.cfg file and change it to blank. Actually you can invoke HP with ?useajax=reauth and that will take you back to the auth page where you can set a new password. This is not a strong protection method for obvious reasons given the noted reset approach, but it should keep casual users away, such as prevent visitors from launching your panel on their personal devices. The only real method to use HP securely from external hackers is to install it only on a server that sits inside your firewall. Subject to user feedback, I could easily lock HP down further by preventing the auth page from launching without a valid password. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks @kewashi

Will test when I get a second. My damn pi is giving me fits.

Seems like my crontab file corrupted or something.

disregard got it working

Is it intended that you only have to enter the password once from any given browser?

Yes — or more precisely once a year. The cookie expires in one year.