Hot tub temperature monitor

Really nice size - I did make mine permanent with marine grade epoxy on the outside of the bulkhead.

I would not epoxy it. I have had a couple.of them fail. Or at least over time drifts from accurate temp.and I have to keep raising the offset in the calibration menu. I just put it on the side of the hot tub we do not usually open the cover unless 4 people are going in
.I have a bullfrog and just tuck the wire under the snap in pillow and let the probe loose.

Does it not flail around when the jets are on?

That side where it is the jets are not on unless we open that side and someone sits there. Not a big Deal if so they lift it ouy and temporally put it.on the side.

What if you attached a temperature sensor to either a weight that will make it sit at the bottom of the tub, or setup some kind of magnetised mount of some description (relies on there being somewhere to mount it in the tub)....

Yeah I thought about a diving weight or even a big fish sinker... right now I have it wire tied down to the side of the filter holder. I'm gonna grab a Churchill (cigar, not politician) and sit in there with the jets on and see if it moves!

2 Likes

Quality control is important in this kind of setup.... :grin:

1 Like

They are luckily cheap enough and i keep a spare in the houses. currently my offset is up to

Summary

Also had a relatively expensive outdoor air quality sensor fail. It now.only reads one. They are sending me a replacement under warranty but still.waiting.

1 Like

Almost ready!

(Love Sharptools!)

1 Like

Not ready! :cold_face:

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 7.19.17 AM

1 Like

Using a Samsung motion/temperature detector in a double vac saver, BTW.

I used something similar but then switched to this...

1 Like