Honeywell ZW3010 Z-Wave Plus Dimmers from Costco

I've spent quite a bit of time running this down and have a configuration that works. Thought I'd share it here in case it helps someone in the future. I recently had an old GE Z-Wave dimmer go bad and replaced it with one of these Honeywells. I bought a few as spares a few months ago when Costco had a sale. When I paired it, it came up as a "device." I changed the driver to Generic Smart Z-Wave Dimmer and I thought everything worked. After a few days, I realized that when I turned the switch on/off physically the status did not change in dashboards. I downloaded Botched1 driver and had the same issue. Then I realized that there was a built-in driver for GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Dimmer. Switched to that, and everything seems to be working. I do think that S2 security might be at the heart of this, but when I paired it, I accepted the defaults and got here. Hope this might help others.

1 Like

Thank you for this. When I set mine up a few months ago it defaulted to a GE Smart Fan Dimmer. It worked but glitched every now and again. So hopefully this works for me.

So this stopped updating again. I'm using the built-in Enbrighten Smart Dimmer driver. It does not show the correct on/off status and therefore I have automations that are failing. Anyone else seeing this?

Try the generic z-wave plus dimmer driver

That does indeed work correctly as far as reporting status. It does take away the button double tapping feature. :frowning: Been debating losing that capability for more reliable automations.

1 Like

ahh.. Use the Generic Z-Wave Plus Scene Dimmer driver.. That has the button features

1 Like

Awesome. Every test case I have worked. Thanks. Now to switch the other (like) devices to use this driver. I have a ragtag group of Z-Wave/Z-Wave Plus GE/Jasco/Honeywell/Inovelli switches that I have bought over the years. Slowly replacing the old devices as they die. I think I've lose 4 or 5 of the original GE Z-Wave switches so far. Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

Anytime