Honeywell Total Connect

FYI, appears Honeywell is having API issues. My IFTTT webhooks aren't working for TCC. Resume is throwing an error. In the TCC driver it's not working either:

groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized on line 433 (setFollowSchedule)

Working fine for me. Just checked and adjusted with HE.

Bizarre, works for me tonight too.

Honeywell has had a recent history of flakiness.

Honeywell has had a recent extensive history of flakiness.

There... Fixed...

2 Likes

And this doesnโ€™t seem to work again. Tried setting cooling setpoint. Nothing in the logs to indicate an error or failure, and thermostat didnโ€™t budge. Time to setup TCC on Smartthings and try the virtual thermostat with HubConnect.

I just checked and it is working here. How often are you polling?

I had issues in ST often where the official integration was down but the TCC app worked just fine.

I updated my driver, and now I seem to be getting " 2020-05-27 02:03:01.436 pm warnSomething went wrong: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized" from the three thermostats, but not every communication. Any idea how to diagnose this?

"unauthorized" means that Honeywell is seeing your ID/pw too many time per... whatever their time window is.

That's it. They limit how many times and how often any ID/pw can use the API. You have three thermostats?? So you're hitting the Honeywell site 3x more often than me with my One Thermostat.. and I see Unauthorized too.

TotalConnect API constraints is really pushing me to consider the T6 and just control it directly.

That's why I left mine on the Smartthings cloud and used hub connect. Zero issues so far.

I still have my sleep number bed, the tv's and my truck over on the SmartThings hub but I'd like to get them over to Hubitat. I tried setting up my Vivint alarm as a secondary controller once and it was just a big headache I'd rather not repeat. And while the hub connect is very different, it's also seems a bit convoluted to me at the moment and haven't had much time to go through all the steps needed to make it work the way I want. And the only real automation I would gain for the effort would be to start my truck when I get out of bed between 4:30am and 5am weekdays, and turn on the bedroom fans when I turn off the bathroom tv between 8pm and 9pm. Also had an on off for the tv with the lights between those times as well.

I found the directions to be pretty clear. It was the first thing I set up on the HE hub. Being that the Honeywell is cloud based, the ST hub itself isn't even plugged in anymore. In my opinion, for the items that can't be moved over, HubConnect is a great alternative.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.