Honeywell TCC Total Connect Comfort Drivers

weird .. goblins?

something corrupted in the database.. i hope not.

I mean, it works, but it just logs like crazy. It was one of those previous couple things you added in the past few weeks.

No reason to believe the database is corrupted. And there was a lot of platform updates as well as at least a couple TCC app updates while this was happening.

doesnt seem to be working.. you should have the polling and set operating state messages on every run.

just comment out the single call on yours to the gethumidstatus for now if you cannot get the variable ironed down. see if that helps in the short term.

None of that logging, or at least not consistently. But I click on the dashboard, or within the device's settings page, and the thermostat responds. The dashboard reflects setpoint changes that you do via the actual thermostat.

:man_shrugging:

ya you are right.. that only comes out each run in info is turned on.

i just verified the switch works for me.. i turned it off on my therm that does have the humidifier and hit save and refresh and it logged accordingly

i know it is a pain.. all i can recommend is removing the device and recreating it ..

or before removing set up a second one and see if it works correctly.

you can also try changing the if (haveHumidifier

to if (settings.haveHumidifier and see if that fixes it for your case.

Is there a way to access another way? While testing this I'm getting "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts. Please try again in a few minutes." If I try to login to TCC via a browser and the changes stop working when I run one through a virtual device. Thanks! (I never had that problem with ST.)

I think @kahn-hubitat had a custom version he uses to retry in 5 minutes on those failures. TCC rate limits their connections. SmartThings had a backdoor to TCC that didn't get rate limited.

1 Like

If my memory is correct, setting the poll interval in the driver at 15 minutes will eliminate most of those errors if your not using the TCC app a lot. I used to use 30 minutes and never had an error.

yes but if you have more than one therm like me that does not solve the issue as you still get errors.

Yeah, in your case there is no great solution other than upping the polling time to compensate for each thermostat. For me, I could care less what the thermostat says so I don't even poll it. I only need the ability to change it.

ya i already have them at an hour. but if you reboot one of my hubs or the other then they get out of sync and can still try to refresh too close to each other and cause the error. thus i added the 5 minute delay and retry which seems to have solved the issue for me. i do also turn on the fans on my therms when co2 levels get too high

1 Like

I have 2 thermostats too. I wonder how ST wound up with a backdoor and HE doesn't.

ya i have 3 .. 2 in one house 1 in another.. even with the backdoor i had issues with the same errors in smartthings so not convinced that is accurate.

I can spam the thermostats on ST and never errors out. Even when I send 10 separate commands only a second or two apart. They defintely have different rates. May not be completely wide open but it's defintely more than the driver access from HE.

Yeah that's the same experience I had with ST and TCC...... Need to figure that out with HE before it gets hot out.

Yeah, I've never gotten these to work with my Honeywell RTH9580WF nearly as well as ST ever did. Time to get the T6 Pro.

I’m finding the SmartThings integration not allowing me to use the resumeSchedule function. So I’ve tried to move to the Hubitat TCC integration. One thing I’ve noticed is that I have my 2 devices set to manually poll (I don’t care if the data on my end is inaccurate, I just want to make sure the commands can be sent).

So, at X time I set the temp to 71 and it doesn’t set. If I enable debug logging and do it again, it does set. Do I need to do a refresh or anything before running commands? Anyone else having similar issues?

I didn't notice anything not working last night but I'll watch closer tonight and see if there is a problem on my end.