Honeywell TCC major outage

Sounds like they have some major issues they are trying to fix, but they ought to provide more info as to why after. But maybe they donā€™t want worse PR then what they are about to get.

Any new CVEs for Honeywell stuff?

Even more of a reason to stay off the cloud as much as possible.

Maybe I've been hanging out here too much, but this is a real eye opener - I don't need their stinkin cloud with a platform as solid as HE. It's not like I'm relying on some advanced algorithms on their end - I just want to set the Thermostat. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@JasonJoelOld,

I just purchased an ecobee with remote sensors. My need is really to operate with a remote sensor, I don't need any complex automation. Should I assume these thermostats work in some basic mode without the cloud connection?

Thanks
John

Yes. They work wonderfully without an external connection. That only breaks remote access or HE integration.

Thanks.

I'll install the ecobee in a few days. BTW I'm not that worried because I purchased the ecobee from costco and they have a very liberal return policy. Good deal too, $170 for an ecobee light with 2 remote sensors :slight_smile:

Also:
I just received an email from Zen, they verified the Zen does not support remote sensor(s).

That leaves the ecobee the only thermostat with native remote sensor capability.

Just to echo what JasonJoel said, Ecobee work great if you stick to their scheduling and automation. They do not integrate well with much of anything outside of IFTTT, and absolutely nothing locally.

Even so, without the cloud, the smartphone app doesn't work at all. So when I'm lazily laying in bed thinking it's too damned hot, I couldn't do anything about it, without getting my lazy butt up and walking to the thermostat, when my automation integration fails due to their persistent outages.

Thanks,

I guess I'll find out but can you tell me if there is any local (to the ecobee) schedule capabilities?

You bet. Full scheduling locally. You don't need to use the cloud connection any more than you want to. Although I think it is MUCH easier to program from a laptop web interface than the phone, but YMMV.

• can add/remove the # of periods (sleep, home, away - an example day may look like night-home-away-home-night, etc )
  • can have different schedules and setpoints per day

Awesome thermostat. I like it WAY more than I did the nest, The remote sensors are great,

Agreed. Native Ecobee schedules are executed locally.

Thanks to both....

It seems I really won't care about the cloud except for the neat weather report :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone else seeing login error trying to access Honeywell TCC? Getting log errors on HE as well as unable to log in with the Honeywell TCC app on my phone. Thanks.

Having the same issue. There portal is not working also https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal
FYI, Honeywell Home down? Current problems and outages | Downdetector

1 Like

ā€œAuthentication failedā€... :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming ... wanted to be sure it wasn't me as I had shut a breaker off to install more Caseta switches and found that TCC wasn't working.

1 Like

Back up for me!

Piggy-backing an old thread - anyone TCC users getting "Service Unavailable" today?

I really need to dump this WiFi thermostat, but not in the near-term toys budget.

Seems to be working for me; was able to login just now with no issues.

Thanks. Looks like mine recovered about an hour ago, after dropping off for 2 hours.

Down again! On one of the coldest days in two years. What a sorry service.

TCC seems to be going down more and more as well as becoming unresponsive. Considering switching to Zwave thermostat, but would like to find something with a larger color touch screen like the Honeywell Wi-Fi units I have. Any suggestions?

1 Like