Honeywell t6 Thermostat not turning on via automations

I have a Honeywell T6 Thermostat with Z-wave integrated into homekit. I can manually put the unit in on/off/auto without any issues. I have noticed that via automation I can turn off the unit, but I cannot turn it back on via automation, even when doing test this automation or having the automation run, it will not put the unit in the on or auto status.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I just yesterday installed 2 of these to replace my old Ecobees! I haven't gotten to automations yet, but I did have an issue with the parameter: thermostatMode. There doesn't appear to be an auto option, so I've had to manually set it to get other settings working.

E.g., mode was heat last night, and even though temperature rose above cooling set point today, had to manually set that to cool.

This may not have anything to do with your issue, but I'll definitely report in as I get a better feel on these and do some automations.

@user1438 You have to turn on ISU option 300 on the thermostat itself then it will be passed to hubitat

Is this for my issue of not turning on via automation or for the other user who posted?

Looks like it's working on version 2.3.4.130

Sorry it was for @user1438 so they he could have AUTO on thermostatmode

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.