HomeSeer or Hubitat - Why?

Yep, and I did.

Been watching logs. Seems to be around 150-200ms respond times now...

I will keep an eye on things, but the hub responds quick when navigating rules now.

3 Likes

I don’t really want to go down the HS rabbit hole. I really like Hubitat, the team, the community. I want to get the HE hubs to work, without the reboots. I think adding another piece, without the support or community, will only make things more complicated and I don’t have time now to dissect the HE situation completely.

Update.

Motion lighting is slowing down again. It’s take almost a second and a half to turn the light on after motion.

The only third party stuff I have is the following.

• average temp
  • device watchdog
  • virtual precense driver
  • http momentary driver
  • darksky weather driver

I would reach out to @bobbyD to have Support make sure the NIC autonegotiation setting is still correct.

Also, I have no idea about the DarkSky Weather driver...but some of those weather drivers pull back tons of data that really is not all that useful or necessary. This creates a ton of 'events' which all end up in your hub's database. I use the Hubitat built-in OpenWeatherMap driver, updating once every 15 minutes, and it provides more than enough weather data for my needs.

Im using this to pull for lux levels outside.

Ive had my hub patched already, but I sent them an email.

1 Like

I am using @iharyadi's very cool Environment Sensor to measure outdoor Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, and Illuminance. It is also a Zigbee repeater. It works great and the weather data is truly local. I have it on a covered, screened-in porch. Not sure if @iharyadi has any for sale at the moment...

1 Like

So back to using Homeseer to run my rules/events and things are working fast as expected.

1 Like

Really sounds like the NIC adapter settings somehow reverted back to their previous values. I am pretty sure that the "fix" is a two step process. First step is a temporary change, to allow the user to assess the effectiveness. Second step is to make the change permanent. Perhaps the second step didn't 'take'? Hopefully Hubitat Support will get it sorted soon.

I have the URL they provided to make the change.

I could try it again.

yourHubIP/hub/advanced/network/lanautonegconfigenable

I just changed this to disable at the end and hard coded the interface on the switch.

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/10
description *** Hubitat ***
switchport mode access
speed 100
duplex full
spanning-tree portfast

1 Like

Here’s my results of motion lighting using Homeseer to turn the lights on.

I’m really wondering if it’s just the process power that’s in Hubitat....

Most my rules are triggered based off motion sensors. My wonder if all the rules looking at motion sensors are what slows it down ?

Out of curiosity, do you have any UniFi gear?

No. Cisco.

I spent some digging on another thread and redid the original command on my nic.

Apparently that command disables auto negotiation.

Long and short of this. Maybe a 1 second delay is optimal.... I don’t know.

Am I picky ?

Why?

Just for reference this is a log of my bathroom sensor activation. It's a Hue sensor connected directly to Hubitat and the light and HRV boost switch are £10 chinese inline zigbee relays controlled by the Hubitat Motion Lighting app. Around 300ms delay which doesn't seem at all sluggish in operation. So I don't think it can be a Hubitat processing speed problem that is causing your issues.

Yeah I have no clue.

I’ve disabled basically all third petty apps, redid the command support sent and hard code my switch. Did a reboot and it’s around half a second for motion lighting now.

I will keep an eye on it, but it is still slower then Homeseer but by a quarter of a second.

Noticed all of sudden I had a bunch of errors on the hub.

Just did a backup and a soft reset.

Will report back more later..

Coincidentally enough I'm doing a Homeseer/Hubitat bake-off at the moment. I have Lutron connected to both. When I click in the web interface in homeseer, takes about a full second to turn on. Hubitat dashboard is instantaneous. Tonight I will be adding a Zwave motion sensor to each and doing the same bathroom video test in this thread.

@mik3 Do you notice any delay in the devices interface on Homeseer?

No, I haven't noticed that.

As for motion lighting, I'm using the Homeseer lutron plugin, and only using the hubitat plugin to interface with the motion sensors for occupancy detection for these tests.

I have like 6 rules left in Rule machine to bring over to Homeseer and I could technically remove rule machine and the motion lighting app all together if I want.

But I'm jumping back and forth doing testing with each system. Basically focusing on motion lighting speeds.

Besides motion lighting speeds, hubitat works great for everything. I'm just building out HomeSeer to handle all the rules/events. For now, but like I said I'm jumping back and forth between each system.

With HS4 around the corner there is some grey areas on how they plan to offer plugin upgrades. Will they charge full price or an upgrade fee?

So, I haven’t purchased the Lutron plugin. Likely after the trial runs up I will just shut down Homeseer and see what hs4 offers in terms of plugin prices. My rules will be in place which will make it easy if I decide to stick with Homeseer for control.

I’ve accidentally purchased easy trigger and the Hubitat plugin not realizing they may charge full price for the hs4 version.