Homeseer HS-WS200+ failure

I'm guessing these switches are not that popular as I can't find many talking about them. I only have 4 in use in my house and this is the second time one has failed (first was way back still under warranty). It appears to have failed the same way the Jasco/GE switches fail. It is still connected to my hub but I can no longer control the load in any manner and the led on the switch flickers once a second. Oddly, I can still change the led color from hubitat and it applies to the "flickering" led on the switch.

I'm looking for any info on repairing these switches as this particular one is in a 4-switch area and I would rather keep it matching with the others it is next to.

If it is just a capacitor like the Jasco switches I have no problem replacing that myself.

I would just replace it. Your time is worth money and it's easier to get something like a zooz or innovelli replacement (or if you really want a tank you'll never have to worry about, Lutron Caseta)

1 Like

Thanks, but replacing 4 switches because this one died is a waste of money and terrible e-waste. I rather like soldering things and fixing things when I can.

That said, I took apart one of the other hs-ws200+ switches I had in the "broken" bin and it appears to have a very similar power board to all the GE/Jasco that died so I am going to investigate replacing the C7 cap to see if that resolves the issue. The power board is labeled "DRAGON TECK WS100 Appl. Board" which suggests this is the same as the older hs-ws100+ switches which people also report fail almost 100% after 3 or so years looking at their forums. Homeseer should be recalling these switches as they are clearly defective.
https://jaredkidd.com/nextcloud/s/wRGaNwBzrjq23MG

Contact Homeseer and see if they will warranty it?

I can try, but I highly doubt they will help me out because I haven't spent enough money with them. Looks like others who complained in the forums about the same issue only get out of warranty support if they have already bought hundreds of switches from them.