Homeseer HS-WD100+ Z-Wave + wall dimmer

Hello fellow smarthome addicts! This is my first post.
I just received my Hubitat hub yesterday, and am in the process of moving over some of my devices from ST for testing. I have many Homeseer dimmers and switches already installed. I love these dimmers with ST because they allow for double and tripple taps that translate to button presses that can be accessed through Webcore and hopefully Rule Machine. During inclusion Hubitat assigns the generic z-wave dimmer device handler, and I can't seem to locate one that is device specific either in the built in DH list, or in the community. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
For testing, I setup a simple motion lighting app using one of these dimmers and a motion. When the motion triggers, the dimmer device changes to "On" at 100% in the device screen, but the dimmer does not actually turn on. Also I do not have access to the double and tripple tap buttons in the DH like I did in ST.

Does anyone know if a DH has already been ported over from ST for this dimmer?

Homeseer product page

Info from ST forum

Github with ST Device Handler that works great in ST

Home seer devices aren’t listed on the compatible devices wiki so you might need to port the driver. There’s a wiki post to get you started, and if you run into snags, post specific errors and the community can help with troubleshooting.

Thanks for your reply. It is looking like Hubitat handles buttons differently than ST, so I am a little intimidated about attempting my first port.

Get everything ported over and post here. I’ll do my best assist with the button handling part of the driver.
You can also look at my Remotec driver port for guidance, it’s not as complicated as it may seem.

Start by changing all instances of physicalgraph to hubitat, then look at the button differences post linked to from the porting wiki here: App and driver porting to Hubitat

We support these directly (I own both the dimmer and switch), under the oem ZWP.
Currently the switch should pair as a Generic Central Scene Switch, which has push, hold and double tap implemented.
The equivalent driver for the dimmer will be in the next release.

Fantastic!! Thank you Mike. I just attempted my first port of the DH I linked to above and was getting an error so this is great news.

"No signature of method: Script1.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (Script1$_run_closure1) values: [Script1$_run_closure1@1974e732] Possible solutions: metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure) on line 52 "

I also have (4) of the newer 200 series Homeseer dimmers and (1) 200 series switch. These are great because they allow you to change the color of the lights depending on conditions. I wrote a Webcore piston that changes the indicator lights to a flashing red if a perimeter door or window sensor is open. Are these also going to be supported in the next release?

Thank you,

These will not have dedicated drivers in the next release, writing a decent driver takes a bit of time.
They should function (minus the RGB) with the aforementioned drivers.

I am new to Hubitat, but really appreciate the work you are putting into this new platform. Thanks again Mike

1 Like

@mike.maxwell I am playing around with getting my kitchen Homeseer 100+ dimmer to turn on my fireplace with a double tap up, and off with a double tap down. I am using the Generic Central Scene Dimmer Driver, and a Remotec ZFM-80 with the default Hubitat driver.

Using the button Controllers app, if I choose button 1 for on, and 2 for off, the fireplace successfully turns on with a single click up, and off with a single click down, also turning on and off the lights physically wired to the dimmer. If I try button 3 and 4, no response with double tap. 5 and 6, no response with double tap. What am I doing wrong? Also tried 7 and 8.

button count, is the number of buttons, in this case 2.
RM currently supports pushed and held (not doubletap), the driver also supports pushed and held.
I didn’t enable doubatapable in the driver, though the device supports it, mainly as our button controller apps don’t have a way to use it at this point.

So you should be able to use pushed and held in button controller.

Thanks for the reply. I use held to adjust the dim level, so don't want to use that for the fireplace. Guess I will just wait until the functionality is added when you guys have time.

Double tap is listed in the code for Advanced Button Controller (ABC), you could try that. I don’t have any devices that support double tap yet so I couldn’t test it.

1 Like

Turns out i implemented double tap in the central scene drivers, but neglected to include the capability (dohhh…), these are updated and will be out in the next build.

Thanks Mike!

Thinking about switching from ST, but have a number of WD100+ switches. Does any have the double and triple tap functionality set up and working on the HS-WD100+ switch?

What kind of lag time is there from a double tap to a scene being activated, for example? Thanks!

I do. Well, at least the double tap. Hubitat supports press and release (up and down), press and hold (up and down) and double tap (up and down).

No noticeable delay.

I have a pretty big warning however on the WD100. The HE driver only works (any/all actions) on devices with firmware 5.15 and up. 5.15 introduced Instant Status and that is required for the HE driver. I have been working to update mine, I have/had 30+ switches running 5.14. Not sure what ST offers for updating firmware - if at all. I have had to buy software from Homeseer to update with HE. It works but is a lengthy process. Once updated things work fine. Most users here have not had issue with theirs, suggesting that I am the unlucky one with older firmware.

Awww... I only have two and I think both are the old firmware because I had no way to update either. That explains the issue I was having with the driver working weird on me. I looked at the driver details and I can't tell what firmware I have. Where do I find out what firmware I am running?
:disappointed_relieved:

Update the device type for your switch to this one, and click getVersionReport. then go check your logs.

2 Likes

Hey Mike.
I'm new to hubitat and just got my elevation yesterday along with a homeseer HS-WD100+. I setup the hub and everything seems to be working fine but I'm not able to discover the device when it searching for z wave devices.
I tried the following

• rebooted hubitat
  • reseted the stick
  • manually reseted the dimmer

Please any help would be great