Homeseer HS-LS100+ trouble including

Hi, I'm a novice, and I'm having trouble including my Homeseer HS-LS100+ water sensor. I get a screen asking what type of security I want to use, I hit OK, and then I get a screen asking to match security codes? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Any help would be most appreciated.

It may not be the preferred method but I just hit "OK" on the "match security codes..." and my HSlWD200+ paired fine.

If those are the boxes checked by default, then the maximum grant your device supports is S2 Unauthenticated. This just asks you to verify that the key (DSK) presented matches that of the device. It will usually be on the device itself (at least the first set of digits), the box, the manual, or some combination of these.

I'd guess lots of people just hit OK under the assumption no one is around trying to trick them. :slight_smile: (For Authenticated, you'd need to actually provide the first set of digits.) Technically, this verification both establishes secure communication and makes sure you have the right device. It's just a requirement Hubitat has to meet for Z-Wave certification.

Thanks folks, I tried it about 3 times, at one point it found something, but never finished initializing. I finally got it.

I've also has some strange responses when pairing secure devices.

1. I would pair a device that had some security capability.
  2. I would go through the two screens you show in post #1 just hitting OK
  3. The Hubitat screen would NOT show a discovered device although it just went through the security questions.
  4. I would press "Start Z-Wave inclusion" and the device would immediately show as discovered.

This has happened multiple times with different devices.