HomeSeer HS-FLS100+ G2 Z-Wave Plus Floodlight Sensor (NEW)

Anybody see the new HomeSeer Gen 2 sensor is out.

Z-Wave Smart Floodlight Sensor
Our Z-Wave smart floodlight sensor reports back to your smart home hub when motion is sensed and when dusk or dawn happens. HS-FLS100+ G2 can be programmed to control your floodlights automatically or remotely when commands are received from your smart home software or hub.

Main Features
Motion (PIR) sensor (Now with adjustable sensitivity - NEW)
Light sensor (up to 900 LUX - NEW)
Temperature Sensor - NEW
Floodlight power control (up to 300 watts).
May be used with 120V incandescent or LED floodlight bulbs
Controller-adjustable motion timeout and light sensitivity
Fits most standard floodlight mounting brackets
Easy replacement for non-Z-Wave sensors
Works nicely with conventional floodlight fixtures such as these:

1 Like

Nice.. I got one on order.. I've been wanting a new outdoor temperature sensor.. And a hardwired one is a win for sure..

I smell a native driver in the works :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If there is a sensitivity adjustment to it now I wonder if it has more range, The predecessor was a little short on the motion sensing range compared to other motion sensors.

I installed the G2 new version and used the first generation driver and it works, just does not show the extra sensor info. It is great that you can override the PIR sensor with Alexa to keep the light on while working outside. Canโ€™t wait for someone to come up with a driver to import all on the new sensor values.

1 Like

Good to know, mine will be here next week.

The new gen 2 sensor has motion sensitivity control, a temperature sensor, and changes to the configuration parameters. I found the built-in driver less than optimal. Resurrected the old one by Bryan Copeland and added the needed new support. Just some quick testing, but it seems solid. The temperature sensor of the first one runs about 5 degrees high.

2 Likes

I could almost see using this just as a sensor and not tying it to lights. I don't have floodlights, or any lights I would want to be controlled this way. But a reliable outdoor motion/lux/temp sensor that is line powered would be great.

i kind want to just wire a plug and use it inside but wife said no LOL

1 Like

This is the way I am using my older version ones, when they detect motion the PTZ cameras turn to that preset area for viewing. Temperature will be great, tired of changing batteries on the other motion sensors.

1 Like

I have two G2 sensors installed. Anyone having issues with the temp reporting too high? Both report about 9-12 degrees high. The Hubitat driver has a field for +/- temp offset up to 10 degrees but this seems to do nothing for temperature reporting.

Your are correct, the temp is high and the new Hubitat driver doesn't seem to adjust it. Maybe @bcopeland can take a look. The sensor can also log multiple active/inactive settings too rapidly to.

1 Like

I'll check it out

@bcopeland any changes to the the HS-FLS100+ driver in the latest update?

1 Like

@bcopeland I recently installed this sensor. It will pair up fine but it is not reporting correctly to the hubitat. Motion stays showing as "active" when the motion stops. If in test mode, it will report fine and switch between active and inactive accordingly. But once I set the knobs on the back to get out of test mode, it will stay active for at least a few minutes. Any ideas! I tried the other driver that's posted here but no luck

1 Like

I am trying to use this device on Home Assistant. I got it to work by writing my own Gen-2 driver, as described there (sorry, I don't seem to have permissions to include links).

Interesting, I was able to get the temperature calibration to work. Let me know if you want more details. (I don't want to post a lot of information here; it was a bit finicky.)

My problem is that I can't seem to put it in "Z-wave only" mode. This is supposed to be done by setting configuration parameter "5" to "0". But in my case, any PIR activity automatically turns on the light switch. According to my z-wave logs, the parameter was correctly set, and the device acknowledged that the parameter was indeed set to the desired value (0). I thought the purpose of parameter 5 was to avoid that, so that one can decide on the controller side what to do with the motion signal, and act based on smarter conditions.

Did anyone actually get "Z-wave only" mode to work? (Parameter 5)?

1 Like

How is everyone finding this unit working? Back a week ago i started noticing 10-20 events being reported in the logs within a second as well as the light shutting off after only 6 seconds after it was triggered. Turning the power off/ on would resolve it for a while but then the issue would come back. I imagine that I need to go through excluding/reincluding to fix, but I haven't yet, due to all the rules that will need to be redone. Just looking to see if others are finding this reliable or if I should be moving on from it.

1 Like

Update: I solved my issue as reported on the Home Assistant forum. (Too bad I don't have permission to link to it from here.)

This the link you wanted to post?

1 Like