HomePro ZDW100W not discovering

I decided to go with Hubitat to move away from SmartThings cloud requirements. Was happy once I received my Hubitat C7 this week but that happiness has since faded and now I'm full of frustration and regretting my purchase.

I have several older ZDW100W generic z-wave dimmers that refuse to be discovered which are easily discovered by SmartThings and work just fine with SmartThings. This is what I get despite pairing and excluding multiple times over a few days.

I'm at a lose and hope my purchase wasn't in vain. Anyone have a clue as to what this means. The discover button does nothing at this point except generate a lot of traffic on the ZWave Log and I still end up in the same place.

Any thoughts besides the -exclude and include for eternity until it works?

Thanks!

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that your first experience with Hubitat is less than smooth. With a little patience and some help from the community, we'll get you up and running. I see that the homepro zrp110 is confirmed to work in the compatibility list with the generic z-wave driver, but I don't see your model listed yet. That doesn't mean that it won't work necessarily, but something to consider. If that is the case, there are lots of developers here that can port the driver if it's available. So no worries on that if we find that to be the issue.

Before I move on, there are some currently known issues with the C-7 hub that are being worked out that could be affecting your device. I would recommend searching out pairing C-7 to see if any of the fixes apply to your situation.

Something else to consider. Is this the first device you are pairing? How far away from the hub is the device. Are you starting close and working away with devices? Starting with wired mains first is recommended. These are the steps I would recommend taking in order.

1. Did you try factory resetting your device?
    If you're moving away from another platform, it is recommended that you factory reset the device. If you've already done it, do it one more time.

2. Perform a generic exclude on your c7 using the device's instructions for excluding. Even thought it's reset, exclude it again. Some require taps, etc in order to exclude and keep an eye on the logs. You will want to see an entry "Unknown device successfully excluded"

3. Now try to pair. Try moving the hub closer to the device for the first time to see if you can get over that hump by pairing it closer. Since I see that your device is not on the compatibility list, I can't guarantee that it will work or have full function. You'll want to keep that in mind.

Unfortunately none of that helped. Still shows up but doesn't get assigned a device driver.

To me, it still doesn't make sense that SmartThings picks it up no problem as a generic zwave dimmer but Hubitat doesn't.

Wait .... does it pair and just doesn't have a device driver or does it not pair? Stuck at initializing?

It shows "initializing" for the device when including but never does anything from there. So I go to Settings->Zwave Details and that's where it shows up as "okay" but with a discover button for the Device which does nothing as shown in my original post.

Ok just wanted to make sure that I was understanding you correctly. Just because hubitat and smartthings don't need to reinvent the wheel, doesn't mean that hubitat is going to treat each device exactly the same. Other platforms made special accommodations to make certain devices work. Hubitat is not as flexible. I suspect that your device might be included in the bugs that are being worked out and to maybe move on to some other devices and revisit after the update is released. As it is an older device and is not on the compatibility list. You might check to see if there's a driver in the community supported drivers list for this and put in a port request if it's not. I wish I had a better answer for you on this.

Were you ever able to get this resolved? I just purchased a C7 and have had no luck including any of the ZDW100W switches in my home. It's been quite frustrating, considering there was no problem with them being recognized by a Homeseer Hometroller and more recently a Vera. I've brought the hub within 2' to 5' of each of many switches to try the inclusion. The exclusion registers, but as soon as I try to include one of these switches, it just shows "Initializing" until the timeout expires. I'm anxious to play with the C7, but I'm getting no traction.