Homekit

You’ll need a homebridge server to see your hubitat devices in HomeKit. raspberry pi is one of the cheapest options unless you have an always-on computer running at home already?

2 Likes

Also @bobbles is 100% right. Unfortunately if you post your phone # on a publicly available web forum like this one, you’re way more likely to start getting spam robocalls than a call from a real human that read this post.

4 Likes

I am a REALTOR its all over the web anyway.

1 Like

Sure, your choice.

Do you have a computer or NAS at home that’s always on to run homebridge?

OK. No problem. Just thought it worth a mention.

2 Likes

I thought raspberry pie was no longer necessary with the maker API?

You need a computer to run the homebridge server on. It doesn’t have to be a raspberry pi. But I don’t think there are any cheaper options (assuming you can’t use a computer or NAS you already own).

Super. Hard. Pass.

1 Like

Windows 10 with the Linux add on may be able to do this. (WSL)

Also cygwin under windows may allow this.

In either case you have to have an always on computer.

That’s not necessary for Windows 10. Homebridge can run on Windows if you install node.js.

2 Likes

Even better.

1 Like

Although it’s still unclear whether OP recognizes that homebridge requires an always-on computer of some sort :slightly_smiling_face:.

Edit: actually @jj11 if you wouldn’t mind, could you take a step back for a sec and explain what you’re hoping to accomplish? Forget about how it’s done for a moment, but what’s the end goal(s)?

2 Likes

I would like to be able to use Siri to control my lights.

Mac user.

OK, then homebridge can get your hubitat devices to show up in your iOS home app (which Siri can control).

Are you willing to keep your Mac on all the time?

1 Like

yes

Nevermind. I have decided to send thing thing back. Its way too crude for me to use everyday. Think I will stick with Wink till something better comes along. Thanks for the help.

Just remember, in 2 hours you got more than 18 responses of people trying to assist.

7 Likes

Range is bad. App is horrible. none of the modes are working right. This thing is crap.

I think you're right. :slight_smile:

Wink is your best hope.

8 Likes