Homekit (beta) recognizes inovelli switches as outlets

hallway.switch.1 is a is a switch, as seen in the screenshot, but, homekit (beta) in hubitat thinks of it as an outlet.

You should be using the non-hubiat driver found here -
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-switch-red-series-lzw30-sn.src/inovelli-switch-red-series-lzw30-sn.groovy

You should see this in homekit, you click on switch

Thanks, @jrvisconti - I am using the inovelli drivers. Will try the "export as" option. Thanks.

Have you solved this yet?

My switches are also shown as outlet instead of dimmable switches.

@techbill - After various attempts and running into gotchas, I have decided to stay on homebridge for the time bring. Apple "Home" app is the primary interface my family uses and I do not want to disrupt it for them. Will come back to HomeKit (beta) later when I feel it is up-to-par.

1 Like

Very strange. Can any of your post a screenshot of the HomeKit window

I posted this on Inovlli forum and it was simple as turning on the feature in advanced then move the switch from outlet to Dimmer.

Here the post - Red Invovelli dimmer switches showing up as Outlet on Hubatit HomeKit integration - #5 by TechBill - General Discussion - Inovelli Community

Here the post to fix it - Red Invovelli dimmer switches showing up as Outlet on Hubatit HomeKit integration - #5 by TechBill - General Discussion - Inovelli Community

1 Like

The driver I have is newer than one you linked. It worked for me. I can't remember how I got this driver but I think it was one that already in the Hubatit and I just selected the driver.

@jrvisconti @techbill - My tinkering mind could not resist :slight_smile: I went back in and enabled a few devices on the homekit (beta) as a test with most of my devices still on the homebridge. The method the two of you recommended worked for me on homekit (beta). I now have a dual path and will slowly move devices I can to homekit (beta) over time.

As an aside - I also think the ability to add an "insecure" integration only showed up after the 16.2 iOS upgrade for the Home app. Not sure if this was the reason my first attempt(s) did not work.

1 Like

Update: I have had all my switches, dimmers, buttons, lights, and fans on Homekit Integration for a while now ... all's well. They all survived the C-8 migration without any issues. Only things that now remain on homebridge is garage doors, locks, and shades.

While Homekit on Hubitat seems to support shades, my (rollease) shades do now how in Homekit.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.