Homebridge Plug-in

The code is not going to "go bad" anytime soon, so you and I can both continue to enjoy it. But as far as new features.. wait and see, I guess.

Yes, thanks, I figured. Window blinds are my next target so I might be stuck asking Siri to turn on the blinds for a while... My one set of blinds look they're recognized as blinds but they just don't work. I'm guessing that's the one that people are talking about.

Do you have more details regarding this? I can't seem to find any recent post of his (nothing more recent than July). I'm curious why he decided to stop working on Hubitat apps.

1 Like

I had no idea that @tonesto7 left the community. I’m fairly new to the ST/HE platform but have some experience with HomeKit and also use it as my primary interface to HE, so I have a vested interest in keeping it working. I’ll take a look at the code as soon as I have some free time and will try to figure out why window blinds aren’t working properly.

People with window blinds problems - can you describe? What blinds are they and how do they interface with HE? Do the blinds show up in the Home app, can you control them, do they report state properly? Is it just voice control that’s not working?

1 Like

Attached is the device type in HE. The story of this device is that it was originally a Z-Wave dimmer with on/off and level and was turned into curtains with open/close. I am sure a lot more went into the process but that is the gist.

In Homebridge/Homekit world the phrase "Open [device]" works just fine and my device responds.

However, "Close the [device] does not"

I don't quite know why but I have my suspicions that it may have to do with the fact that the state of the device on/off no longer changes along with other states (ie. position/level open/close).

1 Like

I forked homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7 to

This is intended as a repository of Community Developed drivers and apps for the Hubitat system. I imagine individuals developing within their own personal github, then merging it into this repo. The idea is to reduce the number of places newbies have to go to find what they need.

...would be nice if that was a good place for anyone new to begin their journey.

1 Like

No details. He didn't offer any, and explicitly said he wasn't offering details. The message was brief, and he predicted it would be deleted.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed his account was suspended. Unfortunate...

His choice, evidently, so I have to thank him for his great work and wish him the best.

1 Like

Odd. Yeah.

I can't seem to find it and I don't remember if it was here or ST community but I seem to remember something about him working for ST now. If so it would be a conflict of interest to work on Habitat code I'd think.

Tony's Homebridge (Hubitat) application is version 1.1.6 and uses his github for version checking. We (obviously) can't use that so I replaced his mechanism with Cobra's and am calling it v1.1.6.a and checking the versions.json from this repository.

Didn't touch any of the node.js side of the code.

3 Likes

Updated my app with the above code and now all my Hubitat devices are not listed in the Home App. Change code back to tonesto7's original code and they reappear. What am I doing wrong?

@tsviper I found and corrected the bug.

The new version is out on github.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you sir.

I use this tool too, thus my interest in it. I used it on ST and used it here on Hubitat the moment it became available. Seems like all of us have deleted it one or more times, suspecting it was part of a slowdown... none of us found a correlation.. great news.

I see further up in this thread some requests.. @mtcoombes offered to look at the code for Shades. I can see that v1.1.6 (tonesto7's final Hubitat gift) has shades throughout.. I have no shades and thus I cannot offer anything regarding them. Having the code elements and having it work are two different things I know.

Earlier, I saw @tsviper asked to "pull" Capability Exclusion and I did do a source compare to Tonesto7's ST version. It doesn't look that hard BUT it's not a feature I need, unfortunately.

Those are the two "requests" I have found.. did I miss any?

I could be wrong but I think modes doesn't work. At least for me. I think it's supposed to add virtual switches for each mode. I never see them pop up.

I don't use them really but I've noticed it. Thanks for all and any work maintaining this!

Is anyone else having issues with the latest version of the app that @tonesto7 published? He, surprisingly, pushed out a couple updates a few days ago. It doesn't seem to be working, however, and I get a permission denied error when trying to view the homebridge configuration data in the Hubitat app. The branch that @csteele has made seems to be working though, so that's good!

Yes having that same issues as well. Tonesto7 is looking into the issues this morning and should have a fix out soon.

Without GitHub integration does anyone here have a good method of knowing when Devs update their code? Just wondering because I didn't see an update here, so I would never know. I know it's broken ATM, just curious for future releases.