Homebridge Plug-in

I do as I mentioned before.

These are just two examples. Some are time based rules that trigger virtual switches connected to Insteon switches via homebridge, and some trigger Hue lights. I'm not experiencing any delays or failures of RM rules.

@tonesto7 - I wasn't using HSM with Homebridge before, but thought I would try using it with HomeKit presence automations. The issue I have with it is, there's something about it (maybe the designation as a safety device in HomeKit), that forces a prompt before the automation will run each time. This is one of the reasons I don't use HomeKit presence automations to directly interact with my HomeKit compatible lock, so instead, I use a virtual switch to interact with the lock via a HomeKit automation.

I could very well do similar with HSM directly in HE via virtual switches, but I thought perhaps since you have direct control over how the app publishes HomeKit device types, you might be able to change the designation.

1 Like

Can you elaborate a little more on what you are looking for?

I will gladly make changes to make thing better. I'm always tinkering with it :wink:

Sure. If I create a HomeKit automation that does the following...

"When The Last Person Leaves Home" > Hubitat Safety Monitor [Away]

HomeKit will send a notification to the phone of that person when they are outside of the geofence, prompting them to confirm if they would like to run this automation. The same type of confirmation is delivered when entering the geofence. That is the same thing my August lock does too. But if you setup the HomeKit automation to trigger a switch or light, it just performs the automation without prompting. Can a change be made so HomeKit will not prompt before a HomeKit automation is allowed to change the mode of Hubitat Safety Monitor?

I guess I've never used my alarm in a HomeKit automation...
We really don't have control over how stuff like that works in Homekit. Maybe I could add the option to create 3 virtual switches for HSM one for HSMDisarm, HSMHome, HSMAway. I really don't like adding the extra complication but it wouldn't be much different to how the mode buttons work

Not sure that would be worth doing, since you could essentially to the same with a virtual switch in HE and a RM Rule to change the mode. Extra complication for an edge case wouldn't be good.

However, I'm curious about what is and is not allowed in HomeKit. I was testing changes @kuestess was making to the Insteonlocal Homebridge plugin, and he was able to add Door/Window sensor support for an Insteon Door/Window sensor that was previously showing up and functioning as if a motion sensor had been tripped. It showed up under the sensors.

Once Scott added support, it showed up as a door/window sensor in HomeKit, but was not listed under the sensors in HomeKit, and it acted more like the status of a switch, than a sensor.

It all just depends on how they are defined in the plugin based on the HomeKit Service Used.
I'm actually adding inputs to the App to allow defining doors and windows directly.

1 Like

Curtains as well please :slight_smile:

can you please upgrade your Homebridge plugin to version 1.1.7 and restart the service. I hopefully have the shades working now :expressionless:

3 Likes

I’ll let you know tomorrow

SUCCESS! Curtains work!!!

Glad to hear it

For some odd reason it stopped working this morning. When I try to close from home app I get the attached log

what is device 12 in your system?

My curtains.

Does this error occur if you operate the curtain motor from the HE device details page?

No. It works perfectly fine. Even when controlled by Alexa.

I will see what I can find. I only have a virtual shade to test with using the official driver.

Shades are the only automation item I haven’t done into

Let me know how I can help and thank you.

I appologize for this issue. There seems to be some weirdness on the HE platform where using a simple if statement list this:

if (value1) {
       device."$command"(value1)
       log.info("Command Successful for Device ${device.displayName} | Command ${command}($value1)")
}

If value1 was 0 it was not seen as a value and tried to send the setPosition() command without the required level parameter.

You will need to update the app code and plugin to resolve the issue.

Will do and I will get back to you. Thank you!

1 Like