Homebridge Plug-in

Why are you using version 1.1.6b of the Groovy App. v1.5.2 is the latest version and is designed to work with plugin version 1.5.2

Basically v1.5+ uses the same code base as it's SmartThings version. The only difference is the hubaction classes used

could you please point me to the latest groovy code? This is what's posted in your repo and it's 1.1.6b

Crap!
I forgot about the hubitatCommunity repo
I maintain so many repo's i completely forgot.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7/master/smartapps/tonesto7/homebridge-hubitat.src/homebridge-hubitat.groovy

1 Like

You have an old repo link @SmartHomePrimer

I have been using: GitHub - tonesto7/homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7

Latest and greatest and I have been on the 1.5.2 for the past 16 days.

1 Like

I'm continuing to refine and optimize the App and Plugin.
V2 is a large rewrite of the plugin to make it easier to maintain. It even feels much faster...
It's going to be a little while before I release because of the ST work i'm doing to use the new API.

3 Likes

Found my issue. Was still getting the warning after updating the HE app. @csteele I tired removing the persist and accessories directories, but that didn't help. @jason0x43 I checked, but no firewall is enabled on that Mac.

The issue was that I was using an old setting in my config.json that used to work with the version that was ported from @pdlovelace 's work, but it's apparently now incompatible.

"update_method":"direct",
        "direct_ip":"192.168.0.113",
        "direct_port":"8005"

Any way to silence this event logging in the terminal of my Node.js server?

Find the console.log lines in the node file and comment out.

1 Like

@SmartHomePrimer I didn't suggest removing them, but copying them so they could be copied back. One of the issues is that something triggers HomeKit to delete all the devices and room assignments.

The Plug-In Configuration Data link in the App shows you what is actually needed:

"platform": "Hubitat",
"name": "Hubitat",
"app_url": "http:///",
"access_token": ""

Update_method, direct_ip and direct_port are valid and override the defaults... but you have no need to overrride the defaults. Just use the suggested lines only.

what's the path to the node file? Constantly forgetting where it's located.

I would start looking here

usr/local/lib/node_modules

1 Like

I've DELETED the forked version of Homebridge from the HubitatCommunity repository and recreated it with a pointer to Tony's actual repository.

Those using the code from the HubitatCommunity repo should be seeing that there's newer code: 1.5.2 (via Cobra's version check code.) Tony doesn't make use of this technique, so after updating, version checking will be gone.

@csteele

My homebrdige is seeing the Virtual Presence Plus driver as a motion sensor. How did you get that to show up correctly?

Mine are switches. I can't really say mine are "correct" just working for me. I added them as switches in the Homebridge (Hubitat) App in the All Other Devices section. On my iOS device I see them as switches and use them in the Automations I entered for Presence. (People Arrive / People Leave)

However, they also show as Presence Sensors in RM, AND as switches.

Has anyone been able to get open/close sensors to show actual status in the homebridge plug-in? All of my contact sensors just always say closed, even when they are open.

My Xiaomi do. Checked them off under sensors and they show up as sensor and change status right away when the door opens. Maybe you accidentally have yours checked in two places in the Hubitat-Homebridge app, instead of just under the sensors?

Possibly, I'll double check that.

Nope, that's not it. They are all under "All Other Devices: -> Sensor Devices" and only there. The presence sensors in there work but open/close do not. I'm trying with 2 types of open/close sensors too. ST Multi sensors and the open/close sensors on my AT&T alarm. They all report their state correctly in the Hubitat GUI but not in homebridge.

:thinking: Homebridge 0.4.42 ?

I have two devices in that selector... one is a contact sensor. It works fine.

app:8742018-11-07 05:04:30.612 pm debugSending DEVICE Event (A Pool Level Sensor | CONTACT: closed) to Homebridge at (192.168.7.129:8005)
app:8742018-11-07 05:04:27.213 pm debugSending DEVICE Event (A Pool Level Sensor | CONTACT: open) to Homebridge at (192.168.7.129:8005)
app:8742018-11-07 05:02:32.257 pm debugSending DEVICE Event (A Pool Level Sensor | CONTACT: closed) to Homebridge at (192.168.7.129:8005)
app:8742018-11-07 05:02:29.746 pm debugSending DEVICE Event (A Pool Level Sensor | CONTACT: open) to Homebridge at (192.168.7.129:8005)
app:8742018-11-07 05:02:27.556 pm debugSending DEVICE Event (A Pool Level Sensor | CONTACT: closed) to Homebridge at (192.168.7.129:8005)
app:8742018-11-07 05:02:23.826 pm debugSending DEVICE Event (A Pool Level Sensor | CONTACT: open) to Homebridge at (192.168.7.129:8005)

mine is:
$ homebridge -V

But that's the version of Homebridge, not the plugin(s).

1 Like