Home Designed Group ZigBee Fan Controller

I have what I think is the only ZigBee Fan Controller semi available anymore but am having issues with it. Seems daily or every few days it stops responding and I have to turn the physical switch on the wall off and back on. Than wait a few seconds for the mesh to pick them up again and they work for awhile again. I have 3 repeaters in this small bedroom and another 3 within 10 feet through walls in other parts of the house. It just cannot be lack of signal. Any thoughts?

Not knowing any other information, I would suggest you attempt to control an old incandescent light bulb to see if somehow the load is involved.

Do you have any other Zigbee devices acting up?

Can you remove, factory reset and rejoin?

What brand/model of Zigbee repeating devices are you using? Many older Zigbee smart bulbs actually are poor repeaters and can cause these types of issues. I have one of the Hampton Bay Fan Controllers (Zigbee), which may be the same as yours. I have found that just one Peanut Plug on my Zigbee mesh was enough to cause issues just like you’ve described. I removed the Peanut Plug, and everything g returned to normal.

The only bulbs that I have are Sengled, so their not repeating. My repeaters are a mix of Iris V1, Third Reality, Sonoff s31 lites and a few peanut plugs that are basically not branded.

I think you may be right that we have the same fan controller.

I've not had good results mixing those Iris plugs as repeaters with Sonoff or Tuya repeating devices. Either work fine but when mixed on the same system I see dropped devices.

I've got 3 of those Hampton Bay fan controllers and they performed poorly no matter what. This post led me to take mine apart and check the antenna connection. On 2 of my 3 the antenna connection was barely hanging on.

There is another thread that provides links to an antenna upgrade and instructions for adding a slightly larger and more external antenna. Instead of needing a strong repeater within 5 feet now I have repeaters in the same room with the fan and they stay connected for the most part. Extended power outages still often require rediscovery.

Try your best to locate a repeater ~above~ the fan controller. Either in the attic or the bedroom above the fan itself. Like magic fan stays connected, except for power failure.
Thanks to @JDRoberts for this tip