Home-connect.com integration?

Hi all,
I'm new to hubitat and I'm loving it so far!

We're about to do some work on the house and it includes replacing the appliances in the kitchen with ones that are home-connect.com complaint.

Does anyone know if there's support for this in Hubitat yet, or whether there are plans to add it?

Once the appliances arrive I'd be happy to chip in with some code, but that's a good few months away yet!

1 Like

Haven't seen an app/driver for this yet. There's usually two ways to get things done... officially or unofficially. If you're interested in seeing how hard it is going to be it looks like this is the page to sign up for access to the API.

https://www.home-connect.com/global/connected-household/become-a-partner

Otherwise, you'll either have to start reverse engineering on the private APIs or wait until somebody else does.

1 Like

Yeah, I'm happy to explore the developer programme if needed, just wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating effort.

As I say, it will be a good few months before I even have the appliances installed (especially with COVID-19 going around!), but I'll revisit this at that point and see how I can help.

Hi !

I'm interested in such integration with Hubitat since my apartment will be equiped with some Bosch appliances: cooktop, exaustor, refrigerator, microwave, oven, dishwasher and washer/dryer.

You can check Home Connect API here: How It Works | Home Connect Developer Program

Good luck and keep us informed!

1 Like

Hahahahha, I just read their FAQ and found this gem:

HOW CAN I TEST MY APPLICATION?

Purchase a home appliance with Home Connect. They are excellent anyway, and you should own one. But seriously: we have developed server-based home appliance simulators to make it easy for you to test your application. Please note that the simulators don’t fully simulate a physical home appliance e.g. error handling is not fully supported. You can find the simulators in your account area. But you should still buy a new home appliance. With Home Connect.

Lazy people ... only laughing at them !

However, it’s better than nothing. But demands that you create a test plan by yourself - and, to tell you, doing a proper test plan is pain ... even a black box test plan.

Next year, when I hopefully will be living in my apartment in Portugal with all my Bosch appliances, I can do such a plan.

Maybe taking as a guide each and every error code or problem listed at each appliance’s manual and building the error handling from them.

Nonetheless, a pain ...

Peace and health!

The api looks fairly straightforward based on other apis I’ve used. I won’t say I’m an expert but it looks to be okay. I’m chipping away at it.

1 Like

Anyone make any progress on this? Considering a bosch fridge...

All our building work was delayed, so I'm at least 6 months away from having a device to experiment with.

I might see if I can sign up for a "virtual" device when I find some time though.

Hi @proffalken!

I have a number of Bosch appliances and, if you want, I can test some of your drivers.

This is the list of devices:

Device Model
Ceiling hood DRC99PS20/02
Oven HSG636XS6/88
Fridge KGF39PI45/11
Dish washer SMV88UX36E/74
Hob PXV875DV1E/16

It's a shame ... if I've ordered two months later I would get the Washer & Dryer with Home Connect too :sob:

That's very kind of you, if I get to the point where I've got something to test I'll let you know, but that's almost certainly a while away yet as I've got other projects I have to complete before I start on the code.

Ok!

When you get ready, I’m here to help. We can even try to set up a VPN connection to my place so you could test it yourself.

If I decide to go with a bosch fridge, I'll be helping with this.

1 Like

Basic integration was done. You can take a look here: [BETA] Home Connect Integration for Bosch, Siemens, Neff, Balay, Constructa, Pitsos, Profilo, Thermador and Gaggenau

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.