Home Automation Confessional

OMG yes... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like
7 Likes

Wow, much more than I was expecting in raising this thread, well done for putting out the fire...

you can see my wet leaf sensor at the end of the video

Yeah, I can't offer that up as a sensor in the EcoWitt driver, sorry...

1 Like

what do you mean .. i'm thinking of a collar with a zigbee contact sensor and wires going to her belly where the water will complete the circuit.,.

I'll let you propose that idea and get approval.... no guarantee from my end :grinning:

1 Like

seriosly though what is the purpose of that sensor .. i know of the soil moiture content sensor and even tried those and gave up.. it varies so much in a big yard and they are either too big and get run over by the mower or too small and get lost by the fall..

maybe if your lazy and need to know its raining and whether you should go out and mow the lawn or no?.. or maybe on a tree ?? not really sure what the purpose is?

My favorite video, EVER! :smiley: :rofl: :joy: I salute you, old buddy.

Oh, and note that the doggy was the only truly calm member of the family in the middle of the crisis. That's the one I'd want with me when the zombies arrive...

4 Likes

Yeah, I only use the soil moisture sensor in plant pots, don't use it in the lawn. I can look out the window to work out if I personally need to venture out and mow the lawn... Or if I don't care.... (very easy assessment to make most times....)

2 Likes

i tried the potted plant sensors back when there were some other company zigbee sensors..
not very good waf having an alert to tell her the plant needs watering.. Gave up on that path as well.

3 Likes

I can see that causing issues. :wink:

1 Like

Wow... Glad you didn't get hurt!

ya once i realized i was not going to get the burning leaves out .. i backed off before the tank blew.. luckily the fire was in the front by the engine/exhaust and the gas tank was in the back.

2 Likes

I've honestly never seen that happen before... Your wife look terrified in the doorway... You look thoroughly pissed off...lol

1 Like

Fully second that!!

3 Likes

You know that feeling when you’re innocently sipping your vodka martini and all of a sudden you start laughing uncontrollably, and you suck vodka through your sinuses and out your nose? Yeah. It hurts a lot.

5 Likes