Hikvision support

Has anyone played with integrating Hikvision cameras or NVRs? - They have an API and it seems that the ST community had a play...

I'm keen to use their person detection abilities for hubitat automation in some security rules.

Let me know how you go with motion detection.

I've got my external front camera on the dashboard. It's brilliant. It goes camera (on separate hikvision ip range --> Hikvision NVR --> Synology diskstation --> dashboard.

The diskstation is required to get the video stream into a format that the dashboard can play. For some reason, I've only been able to get one camera on the dashboard via the synology, as the synology only finds the first camera plugged into network port 1 on the NVR (despite appearing to find other cams). Doesnt really bother me, yet.

Just a little information on Hikvision:

If you simply want snapshots on your dashboard you could use something like this Iā€™d you are running a web server on your network. 2.07 New dashboards

@brianwilson did you ever figure out the issues with refreshing image links, I see that too on my Hikvision cameras, mostly on the 4k ones, with the jpeg snapshot on the dashboard.

Yep. It works fine using reverse proxy script in my post.

Cool, excuse my limited knowledge but how are you running the PHP script and putting it into the image tile.

An Apache server running on a raspberry pi, which is accessible inside and outside of my network so the links stay the same.

I wonder if I could set this up on my synology nas. It seems like only the 4k cameras blink on and off on my dashboard, the other ones don't do it hardly at all.

I use ShinobiCE to get my hk's into HE dashboard using the image type.

https://shinobi.video/

2 Likes

@anon61068208 Do you mind if I ask what OS you ended up installing ShinobiCE on?

Debian

1 Like

@anon61068208 Cheers
Do you have live video or snapshots?

I use live

@anon61068208 Cheers mate

1 Like

Hikvision and Dauha are both excellent security camera manufacturers. I have both brands installed at my home. The Hikvision doorbell are awesome since you don't need cloud or pay for one monthly to use it.

The article is true but it only blacklisted from being used at official buildings or government buildings. It still can be purchase for private/personal uses.

The point is why they're blacklisted that should be concerning. Thet have built in backdoors to gain access to your network. No thanks.

They aren't blacklisted because of some type of "backdoor" to gain access to the network.

In fact many of the USA government are still using their cameras and security devices onsite, They just can't buy any more products from those 28 companies that was banned.

White House decided to ban those 28 China companies for "alleged human rights violations" but one can't help and wondered if those ban help USA security manufacturers put more money in their pockets.

Both Hikvision and Dauha are selling in USA as the best quality camera you can get at low cost that doesn't require cloud to operate or storage video. Both are sold under a rebranded white label name.

Just Google hikvision flaw, backdoor, vulnerability e.t.c. it's all there

We are all aware about the backdoor flaws that was exposed back in 2017 which if everyone updated their firmware to the latest version then that flaws/backdoor had been fixed.

If you actually read some of those articles, you will see that those backdoor flaw was a bug which Hikvision admitted to the flaw designs.

Several years ago, Dahua accidentally left the developer code in the release version firmware which shouldn't have been in there in the first place but was removed with next firmware release and everyone went off about it that it was done on purpose and I am sure it's because the company was based in "China".

Last year, there was a serious flaw on iPhone iOS13 where secured information was easily accessible where Apple released a fix for and did you heard anything about this? The new about it barely got out but if you Google iOS13 flaw - you will see how serious that flaw was and I am sure there is more iPhone out there than there is Hikivision cameras.