Here's a cool thing someone else has probably did. Esp8266 Lcd display?

That display would work, but if you look at the pinouts, it uses a different library to deal with the multitude of pins. I’m sure it would work, but I’ve not used that model. Something like this might be better (note the 4 pins only):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Display-Module-SSD1306-Raspberry-Microcontroller/dp/B08SMFTGPF/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ssd1306+oled&pd_rd_r=4c8e4146-3c5d-4c75-ae6e-5b52caf1f086&pd_rd_w=Ht00h&pd_rd_wg=SArWl&pf_rd_p=cd9132d2-f159-4363-880a-030b3e94826d&pf_rd_r=5BQ10B8JHKYJA5HXC0J6&qid=1613090675&sr=8-3

All that said, there are plenty of resources on the web to implement the one you listed, I just haven’t done it.

Chris

And yes, the URL you use is as you stated. Good luck, and ping me if you have issues! This stuff is loads of fun, so many possibilities!

1 Like

I hate you. You've just consumed the next 87 hours of my free time. :slight_smile:

On the other hand, I'm working from home due to COVID, I'm starting to run out of household projects, so this looks terrific!

I'll substitute a high temperature thermocouple (any recommendations for a type J/K/E thermocouple with a 1.5~2M cable?) and then I'll finally have a smart oven thermometer. Our fancy-schmancy pseudo professional oven doesn't have a thermometer and gets too hot (over 600F -- great for pizza) for the cheapo electronic thermometers.

Many thanks for putting this together and letting us know the details.

2 Likes

I’ve used this K Type one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PVTH4MW/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_KT9TKP9Z4P22PKQ2EN06?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It is rated for 1024C, not that I’ll ever get that hot (hopefully!). Not too cheap though at $14USD, and the cable isn’t too long.

I haven't given up on the this (been busy!), and I think I'm probably going to look at making a wife-friendly panel for the hallway to show temps etc with some leds, buttons etc with multiple of these little displays. A central heating control box, kinda thing.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with mounting these panels neatly?