Help with Zigbee Devices Losing Connection

Hi,

I'm having trouble with 2 Zigbee devices constantly losing connection / becoming unresponsive with my HE hub. I have only 2 ZigBee devices (Sylvania LED RGB light strip and a Philips Hue Sensor).

The two devices will seemingly work for a little while, sometimes hours sometimes days, but then they lose connection and become unresponsive. That is when I try and trigger commands through the devices page, nothing happens and the devices' status don't update. I have to unplug the devices and plug them back in or repair them to get them to function again.

My setup is mostly Lutron lights and devices (150) but I wanted to integrate some Zigbee devices as well. I also have 5 wifi access points throughout my house.

I've read a lot of the answers here but I'm just not sure what to do....Do I need repeaters? Is one of my access points too close to my hub (they are only a couple of feet apart)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Regards,
Todd

Yes. This is extremely likely.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Zigbee_Mesh

Perhaps. What 2.4 GHz channel is your access point using and which zigbee channel is your Hubitat using.

1 Like

Thanks!

2.4 channel: 6
Zigbee Channel: 20

Note I have other access points on different channels (but they are all 1,6,11)

Are you using 40Mhz widths on your wifi? This will increase the channel overlap and potential for interference.

1 Like

20 width on 2.4, 40 on 5

1 Like

Maybe post the results of the Child and Route info page:

http://[hub ip address]/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Gym LED, BB8A], LQI:93, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Family Room Motion - Hue, CC7C], LQI:204, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

Looks like you have a very high LQI for the family room motion which is bad I think. <<<< --- IGNORE THIS D'OH

I agree with @aaiyar - some repeater love is in order.

Here's a thread about the meaning of this stuff:

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes that one (Philips Hue Sensor) is probably too far from my hub, but honestly my primary concern is the Gym LED one.

ARGH!!! totally flipped this apologies!!!! Yeah High LQI is good..

2 Likes

93 is just ok but with no other pathways to the hub a repeater halfway would def improve things.

Thanks all!

If also ask is the light strip zll or zha? Do you have any bulbs mixed in with your other zigbee devices?

1 Like