Help with Unlock Rule Please

April,

I was just asking as my door unlock (like me using Hubitat) is rather new. I only set the unlock up 4 days ago. I initially tried it with using the iPhone and found that sometimes the location of the phone would be just outside the defined presence area. Once I opened the Hubitat app, it then moved inward to my current location. So I swapped to the SmartThings Arrival Sensor and it's been accurate both in testing and regular use. I may open up the defined area in the Hubitat app and use an AND statement requiring both the iPhone and the Arrival sensor presence to trigger the unlock event since I normally carry both the phone and my keys which has the Arrival sensor on them.

Bill

1 Like

The error you see in post 20 isn't really a concern; it just means you're running "Cancel Delayed Actions" when there isn't any currently-delayed action to cancel. (I'm not sure whether staff considers the throwing of this error a bug.)

I'm not sure why your rule wouldn't be working. My guess is that the Private Boolean on Rule 1 isn't getting set back to False, which could happen if your presence sensor went away and came back (without your knowledge), which would restart those 5 minutes. Turn on at least trigger and actions logging for this rule and see if that's the case. I'd do that for Rule 2 as well so you can verify its execution path.

Ok, Thanks

Just wanted to follow up and let you know the rule is working correctly. Thanks again for your help

1 Like

No problem. Glad to hear that it's working well!