Help with Unifi_Protect

I am trying to get my Unifi Protect system to connect to Hubitat. I found an integration at https://github.com/tomwpublic/hubitat_unifiProtect I installed the drivers and created the Virtual device and filled in the URL with the port # of my Protect controller(Cloud Key G2) along with the ueser/pswd. All I get is a comm error

My Hubitat is at 2.3.0.116 and the protect controller is at 1.13.7 The instructions say I do not need a python server.

Anyone else have this working or had this issue??

Thanks

You should post in the official thread for help.

Edit: 1.13 is fairly old. Are you running UnifiOS?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

When I tried to search for a thread I got a message the system was to busy to do my request. Hmm I thought I had the controller up to date. I'll check it when I get home

Where is the official thread?

Here's the thread where I announced the integration and have had discussion on features and troubleshooting: Ubiquiti Unifi Protect cameras - #37 by tomw

Wild guess -- maybe the port number is wrong? EDIT: actually, you shouldn't even need to specify a port since your Hubitat version is new enough and that setting should be hidden (since it refers to the python server, not the UniFi Protect controller). I also wonder about the Protect version being so old. I'm on 1.18.x, also on a CKG2 Let's chat in the other thread to see if we can figure something out.

My protect is on version 1.20... and I am not on any of the early releases, so yours appears to be pretty far back.

While I recommend posting in the main thread for the driver, maybe @tomw can help directly on this one.

Thanks, @snell. It looks like a Protect system update did the trick for @elentz. More discussion here: Ubiquiti Unifi Protect cameras - #160 by elentz

1 Like

i'm new to hubitat, but an experienced programmer
having trouble understanding
i have added the drivers code & created the virtual device from tomw github
not sure how to create child devices - i click but nothing happens - i am missing something?
i created a login for hubitat for Protect
commStatus says good

If you haven't already, I would recommend following @tomw's instructions found in his HitHub repository.

Specifically

If you have any questions, best to reach out to @tomw who is very helpful and active in the community.

1 Like

Please post in this thread: Ubiquiti Unifi Protect cameras - #37 by tomw

1 Like