Help with UDP

Since you mention UniFi, you could enable ssh on your router, login, and use the tcpdump utility to run a packet capture. Ex:

tcpdump -i eth1 host 192.168.99.59 -w debug.pcap

The -i eth1 specifies which interface to capture on, may need to adjust based on the local output of ifconfig to see which interface has registered the gateway IP

-w debug.pcap outputs the capture to a file by the specified name, which you could copy back to your PC using a program like WinSCP and analyze with Wireshark - or omit it and get output directly in the command line.

This could help confirm that the device is responding to the command from Hubitat

1 Like

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.... ran this command on the Unifi switch that services my test C7... not getting any packets captured. Ran ping utility on C7 to the device - still no packets captured !!!

Tried it on a couple of AP's (as I'm not certain which one the device is using) - no packets captured...

The only time I got something recorded was when the device was switched off

I ran TCPDUMP without the host specified and captured a load of packets. While capturing I had the hub ping the device and I sent the broadcast command to 255.255.255.255:1337 and the read command to the ip address of the device.

The only thing captured was the broadcast packet.

I then installed my driver on my production hub in case my test hub was faulty in some way- same experience.

Move the hub onto a different switch, in case the switch was faulty.... no joy.

This is weird, the device pings successfully from the hub, but the pings are not recorded by tcpdump on the switch

Hi

I know this topic has been quiet for some time but I recently acquired one of the smart immersion heaters and would like to capture some information from it.

Have you made any progress communicating with it?

Thanks

No progress yet. I put it to one side and hope to get back to it in another week or so.

Hello again to another Simon :slight_smile:

Random stab in the dark...

Could the network setting on HE around negotiating network speed (or not) have any impact?

No idea. But something I can play with.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I have a background in software but now that I am retired I am not very active.

If you would like I could perhaps try testing your code with my installation if this would help.

Sure - however, I'm away from home until later next week - I'll send you my test code then - ok?

Yes that will be fine.

I recently had a firmware update of the TSmart and tried your test Immersion driver.

I issued a Read and got a response but not able to make sense of it as yet. Response below.

1 Like

At the time the TSmart mobile app was showing: Mode: Timer, Setpoint: 10 deg C, Current 48 deg C.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - I must get back at this...........