Help with Rule Machine - run action when HSM status changed

I'm really confused here.. I just want to have a rule that will arm my cameras when HSM status is armed home or armed away and disarm them when HSM status is disarmed.

Here's the rule:

When I change HSM to armed away or armed home - the cameras arm.. so that works. But, when HSM status is disarmed nothing happens.

You can see this in the logs.. notice how there's a bunch of logs after arming away (red) and then armed away (green). But, when the status is disarmed (yellow) - nothing.. ideas?

It looks to me like the rule isn't being triggered when HSM status is disarmed. What does your trigger look like?

My trigger is HSM status changed. Does disarm somehow not count as 'changed'?

I use the same trigger in some rules and it seems to work fine. I wonder what would happen if you did something like this...

If HSM status is armed home or HSM status is armed away then
on: Security Cameras
else
off: Security Cameras
end-if

Can't seem why that would make any difference but... ?

Thanks for your help! The only problem with that is I have delayed arming setup (not for any real reason though other than testing) -- so that would disarm when HSM status = "Arming Home" or "Arming Away" (the delay period).

From the logs it seems like "HSM status change to Disarmed" doesn't even trigger the rule (HSM status changed). I imagine I can also create 2 rules -- 1 just for HSM status = disarmed.. but, I was hoping to figure out why this particular rule isn't working

Yeah I agree - not sure why that isn't working for you. It definitely does work in several rules I have and the trigger is identical.

My alarm system does not integrate with HSM so I built my own integration. This rule triggers on HSM status like yours. When HSM changes to disarmed then I send a command to my alarm integration to disarm the alarm system. It definitely works :slight_smile:

FWIW - I modified my trigger to include HSM Disarmed specifically.. that does work.

I'd love to know why the first version didn't work.. but, at least this seems to do the trick

Hmmm that's an odd one for sure. But at least you got it working!