Help with Rule Machine and Bosch motion sensor

Hi, my first post and new to Hubitat. I have a bunch of Bosch motion sensors ISW-ZPR1-WP13 working with smartthings. The Bosch has a 3 minute timeout issue (I believe by design to save on battery). So when motion is detected (active) it then immediately follows with an inactive state and times out for 3 minutes.

In Rule Machine, I created two rules: light on motion and light off if no motion. Light on seem to be working. Trigger Events on motion and Actions to Run dim. Great, that worked. But I need help with turn light off "if no motion after 3 minutes (Bosch issue)."

How do I:

1. Create a 3 minute timer
  2. Check for no motion
  3. Between sunset and sunrise +3 minutes (in case light turned on just before sunrise)
  4. If all conditions are true, then turn off light

You could use the zone motion controllers app to create an aggregation zone using one sensor, set the timeout to three minutes for that zone, then use the virtual motion in your rule, zmc will manage the timeout, so the rule could be simplified.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.