Help with RM4 rule!

I'm trying to wrap my head around the RM4 and getting this error: ava.util.NoSuchElementException: Cannot pop() an empty List on line 6820 (delayedActsCancel).

From reading on here, this is due to concurrent rule execution. How can I avoid it?

Your rule is abit odd the 1st two lines are duplicates as the ON and OFF state are pointless. A switch can only be ON or OFF so either will always run. So you may aswell remove the condition ON or OFF and just have one line.

Anyway the fix is to put on the 1st line (before the IF) a cancel delayed actions.

You also have your timings messed up, as you can see from the rule two of the IFs are TRUE. But only the 1st will run not both, you need to get the timings spaced correctly so that only one is true at the same time.

Or just use motion lighting app.

1 Like

I have another rule that will turn on the light to 35% at sunset. My goal is if there is a motion or if the front door is opened, I want it to bring the brightens to 100% for some time and then back to 35% if there is no motion or door is closed.

I also have another rule that will turn off the lights at 11:30 PM but if there is motion or door is opened, I want it to turn on to 100% for some time and then turn off.
Here is the log:

Have you done this?

This rule isn't going to do this, probably best to correct the bit above then post all the rules and I'll create one for you.

Here is what I've done, let me know if this looks OK. I also added a trigger at 11:30 instead of having a whole separate rule for this.

That seems to fix my issue. Now I just need to figure out why my Z-Wave network is freezing up.
Thank you @BorrisTheCat

1 Like

Take a look at -> settings -> zwave details and look in the clusters column. Any devices have nothing in clusters column besides the first which is the hub?

@lewis.heidrick All of the devices are in the cluster. I suspect there is a firmware issue as I tried to remove and re-add all of the devices reset the whole thing and nothing helps. I have not had any issue with my C5 before switching to C7. All of the devices were removed gracefully from the old hub and excluded by C7 hub before they were included.

Not saying there isn't an issue with the firmware but something put the radio into panic mode to begin with. Most all cases I have seen it was caused by something.

Yeah, devices are randomly dropping/failing and then come back and they are next to the hub. Some times you would turn a light switch on and off multiple times and it wold not respond and couple minute later it would go on/off really fast. Do you have any idea how to reset the hub to it's factory default? I don't think this will help but I have tried everything and I think that this is the last thing that I will try before switching back to my C5

http://hubitat.local:8081/

Full reset should do it. You'll need to factory reset all your devices before joining them back. I'd do a radio reset before the full also just to make sure. One other thing... when you updated the hub firmware to .148 you updated the radio firmware too right?

These guides are helpful too for avoiding problems.
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Zigbee_Mesh

1 Like

When I try add to update the firmware, it said that it was already up to date. I'm guessing that it was updated at the factory as I just got the hub couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the http://hubitat.local:8081/ tip.

Just wanted to make sure... Seen a few people skip that and had all kinds of issues. The firmware should be good if you got that message. Since you're going the nuclear option I wouldn't restore any databases without backing up first just incase you bring your problem back. Also if you do I'd have a good hard look at this guide before doing so...

I read both already a couple of times. I'll just nuke it and start over at this point.
Thanks @lewis.heidrick

1 Like