Help with Philips Hue Dimmer

Is there a way to manually tell a device which repeater to use? I'm guessing no.

I don't believe so.

Actually, not so much tell it which repeater to use, but if your Zigbee Mesh get's into a bit of a mess or is performing slowly, etc, one thing I have seen suggested to force the mesh to re-establish itself is to shut down the HE hub for about 20-30 minutes, then start it back up. This forces devices to re-establish their routes for communications. Probably not required in your case right now, but something to keep up your sleeve if you need it down the track.

Yes, if you pair them, but then the light will not respond to the hub.

I see no reason for pairing lights directly to remotes. Doing so through the hub has the same effect and allow for other options.

The dimmer triggers actions that the hub manages. The hub can then order actions on Hue or non-Hue devices.

Yes, rules can be triggered by physical or by virtual buttons.

Thought I would give an update here...

I've spent the last week or so trying various things with the dimmer, including changing the battery. Nothing I did could keep the dimmer connected. It was constantly dropping offline, or (when it would work) sometimes the response time was very long. It was really frustrating.

Because this was in my daughter's room, this was completely unacceptable to me (not to mention the WAF was in negative numbers). So, I wound up replacing the Hue Dimmer with a Lutron Pico, and the Pico is working perfectly. Rock solid and snappy. I probably just should have done that from the beginning, but I like the Hue Dimmers and wanted to give them a chance. I'm disappointed this didn't work out, but oh well.

I was able to move the Hue Dimmer into another room where I have Hue lights and pair it with the Hue hub. It has been working fine on Hue hub.

1 Like

This has been my experience with Lutron as well!