Help with notification rule

Hi Folks,

I really suck at writing rules but I am learning...I just purchased a ZSE19 Multisiren and now I have to change over my Notification rules to RM to enable use of the sounds. The Notification App doesn't support it as a device for sound.
So my goals are these,
1, When door opens and is left open it triggers the Notifications I want and repeats them (works great in the following rule)
2, No notification when door left open. Press Pause Notification Switch prior to opening, This disables the Notifications and I can leave the door open without notifications. It also resets the switch so other notifications can make use of it. (this also is working great)
3, Cancel notification when door is left open and it's repeating the notifications. I can't get this one figured out. I want to be able to use the Pause Notification Switch to cancel the Notifications while they are happening. I don't see how to cancel the timed actions while they are happening without making the switch a trigger for the rule which opens up other issues as the whole rule will run again. Is there a way that during the timed actions the rule listens for the switch while its running the timers for that portion only? I tried a wait for event, but that pauses the whole rule. I think I am close but, again, I suck at rules.
Here is my current rule that works great with 1 and 2.

You can use a “Repeat While” trigger instead of just Repeat. Just set your “Pause Notification” being “off” as your condition.

Thanks @Sebastien let me have a look into that one, haven't used it before.

1 Like