Help with my rules

ill test it tonight.

I mean, should a rule really be this difficult to achieve (above). I literally just want to be notified every 5mins if the mrs work fridge goes above a safe level. I wish it was more simple like.

Device: Fridge Temp
Condition: >= 6 degrees
Rule: repeat X every 5 mins on X devices
else if < 6 degrees
stop repeat.

Could i be super painful and ask about the below as well. After this whole rule I am not sure about a bunch of other ones and I ended up clicking and changing a bunch at the same time last night as I thought they were wrong like this fridge one.

thanks @BorrisTheCat <3

I'll have to look tomorrow need to be up in 6 hours. But quick glance yes you need to apply same logic if you have repeats. The others I need to look at and check.

1 Like

thank you

*the laundry one fired with the door open (meant to be a cancel) so edited it up to be the same as the fridge now.

@bravenel is there a way to use variable math to round a number to a certain number of decimal places? (rather than to a whole integer)

Multiply by 1000 (for 3 decimal places), round, then divide by 1000.

2 Likes

hey @BorrisTheCat
those 2 rules with the laundry door and fridge temp seem to be working great now thanks.

the only one I have is this one, the fan Didnt turn off yesterday after the temp dropped down.

The trigger events determine when the Actions will be evaluated.

So in your case when the Cupboard becomes > 35 or = 35 the "Select Actions to Run" will be evaluated and if all the action conditions meet the criteria the actions will be executed.

In your case there is no trigger for the temperature falling below 35

John

3 Likes

As @JohnRob said your need the trigger to be changed but your also need the private boolean to stop it from constantly sending a ON or a OFF.
I still need to see if there is a better way to do this though. The private boolean does work and stops it fully running the rule or the actions unless it needs to. But the rule still is waking up and evaluating on each temperature change. Ideally I don't want it to do that but I don't think it possible and it's a tiny rule so shouldn't be a issue. As long as you don't have lots of different rules all for the same temperature sensor, if that's the case they would be best in the same rule.

1 Like

something more like this ?

no - I dont have multiple things running off the same sensor, I barely have 11 rules (RM4) for my whole house.

No it needs to be same as before

Temperature changed

IF (temp is more than X AND private boolean is true)
ON plug.
Set private boolean to FALSE
ELSE-IF (temp is less than X AND private boolean is false)
OFF plug 
Set private boolean to TRUE
END IF
1 Like

thank you again @BorrisTheCat - I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
so it looks like this ?

1 Like

should I change this one to changed also ?

No this one you can delete the temperature trigger I think and have the switches as the trigger. But if you could explain what you want the rule to do that would be best 1st.

This ones complicated.

If the fans turned on manually, or by voice (boys fan) I want the fans speed to be controlled automatically. BUT also If the fan is turned on, I want the option to turn off the automatic speed adjustment (boys fan auto) so that if its 22 degrees but I want the fan on full I can.

This one is running, and repeating, but the temp is only 5.52.
I also turned off the notification VS I have in the rule and it repeated after that.
When I opened up a web page and went to the rule, its stopped repeating.

Ok we will get back to this one as I'll need to think and play but I don't think your current rule is correct for that.

Yes it would, it would on not do the notification if it was not on before it started to repeat. Do you want that to be possible? May have a idea for it.

Edit yes I think I do your need to remove the AND notify switch from the 1st condition actions and instead have a simple if condition repeat. I'll post a shot later if you don't find it before.

@stevebott123

this is what you would need for this.

so delete the AND notification is ON as part of the main IF

then after the set PB to false add a "simple conditional action" in conditional actions then have the repeat like above.

test that, but if it throws an error you may have to do something else.

1 Like

smh - this one is notifying even though the laundry door has been opened and repeating.
I appreciate all the help you are giving me @BorrisTheCat - @bravenel is there something we are missing?

*When I click update rule the repeat stops

Here was that revised mate