Help with lock codes per day

I am struggling with this concept. I would like to have rule machine create a code for housekeeper to come in my house on Tuesdays, but not be able to utilize the code on any other day of the week. Does someone have an example that I can look at to get me going in the right direction on this? Thanks in advance!

Sure... here's one that I use. The trigger is a periodic schedule that runs every 14 days (created on a Tuesday). I then use required expressions to make sure it really IS Tuesday since there's no periodic schedule function that says "every other Tuesday"). Mine sets a scene as well, so the cleaners don't fiddle with the lights. Your trigger could be much simpler since it runs EVERY Tuesday.

EDIT - after looking at this rule again I changed the trigger to every tuesday and then use a boolean variable that I flip on and off to determine whether THIS week is the cleaners week or not...

1 Like

You can use Lock Share for that. Install it from HPM

Thanks for the idea! I installed it but I think it requires a user to download an app in order to use the service. I would prefer to just have them enter their code on the lock and have it work for that day of the week only. Interesting app though.

I have a rule similar to brad5's but I threw in a virtual presence sensor that is used by various rules to turn on all the lights at 100% in whatever room they were working on.

arrived() on Housekeeper

after my timeout:

departed() on Housekeeper
Lock: Side Door

1 Like

How do you tell what room they're working on?

Motion sensors.

I have them everywhere. I recently upgraded them (the rules) to set the light level based on illuminance. I was surprised at how well it worked.

Oh ok. I do the same for our own use, but what I find is the cleaners LOVE to turn lights off when they leave the room. That works fine for all my Lutrons but in those instances where I have lamps with smart bulbs it's a mess. I finally just said to them "don't touch any lamp, switch, etc... I will turn them all on for you and then I will turn them all off for you."

1 Like

I'm working on capacitance sensors to activate my sirens to discourage this sort of misbehavior.

1 Like

OMG funny story about that. I use Aeotec sirens on each floor. With tamper enabled. They needed a free plug to plug in the vacuum cleaner. Only once.

And I have a button controller that sets "night mode," which also sets the alarm. They used to clean it. And then open the side door to take out the trash. (I have since removed it entirely... just too easy to press.)

LOL. Thanks for the ideas. I have Aeotec sirens as well, Now all I need are a few of those childproof plug covers to give them no options.

S/PAF took a hit that week...

Download the Hubitat app