Help with local device control

Could use a little help trying to figure out why I can’t get my local ip’s to work with maker. My cloud ip devices I can control through Hubitats cloud service but my local control won’t work and I have been trying to figure why for over a week now. If I could get a little help it would be greatly appreciated. If this helps I keep getting a status code 404.

Have you set a static ip for your devices?

Yes my HE hub is set to a static ip. Not sure what is going on I’m really not to worried cause I have control over my devices through cloud.hubitata.com but my boneheaded kids are driving my wife crazy by playing with lights and things and she wants them to just have local control of things only while there are on our local WiFi I have been pounding my head against the wall trying to figure out what the problem could be.

Wait....why are you using the maker API link for local control? Don't you want your kids to use a dashboard to control devices rather than having to remember what URL to type into the makerAPI? You're talking about two different systems.

I don’t like the dashboard junk it’s seriously stupid and I can’t stand using them. My wife hates them she can’t stand the dashboards.

They don’t work on her iPad or my iPad and I’m just tired of trying to get the dimensions correct. They are always off and it’s just a headache and I don’t have the time to fool with them. HE needs to just suck it up and hire a true app developer.

But getting back to my problem I use the maker app and create easy widgets on our phones for devices. But for my kids I want to use the local IP address and not the cloud because they just accidentally cut stuff on and off and my wife doesn’t like it. I’ve tried the local ips but I keep getting a 404 status failed result.

Are they on your wifi? Are hey isolated to their own subnet or vlan?

No we’re on the same WiFi I can’t seem to figure out why it won’t work

The cloud works fine it’s just my local ips will not work, it’s giving
me a huge headache

Can you access the hub at all using the local IP address from their phones? Like in their browser? If not, it's not a hub problem, it's a network problem.

If I go to any of our devices I can reach the hub if I type in the hubs ip I just can’t use the maker app local ip addresses I keep getting an error

Starting to think I may have to reach out to support

can you give an example of the address you are trying to use? Just the part after the IP address.

Ok 1 sec

Here you go

http://apps/api/2/devices/[Device ID]/[Command]/[Secondary value]?access_token

Well...you should definitely take off the access token before posting it here too. LOL
But you dod have the hub IP before apps?

It’s not the whole token it’s missing 8 digits

And the other question?

And i didn't mean the template link. I meant a link that you said didn't work. How can i tell if you're substituting something wrong?

Ok so what I had right after the http was the local ip so I should have the hub ip in front of that?

What are you talking about? The local IP is the hub IP. Look at the maker API in the Hubitat UI. It will give you the link to use. use that one.

You do have local control enabled in the MakerAPI app, correct?

1 Like