Help with flow to turn on and off an outlet at set time

I am working through my first flows, so far I did a motion flow by following the template from the video and now I want to turn on an outlet and turn it off, I can't get it to work.

![Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 1.03.27 PM|666x499, 50%]
I've tried a lot of iterations and am going to come to the mountain for guidance...
Thank you in advance.

Here is the device I want to turn off and on.

I'd use the "suncron" pallet vs this bigtimer.

You don't need the change node at all.

Just run the bigtimer output to the switch, switch on msg.payload. You would only need the change node if you wanted to use ONE command node. In that case you would need to specify the msg.command. But since you are using two command nodes, with the command already specified, you don't need to set msg.command.

Also, in your picture the bigtimer block is in override mode, not auto... Probably not how you usually run it, but I thought I would point that out.

Make sure the timezone and time are correct wherever you are running node-red. I see people running NR in a docker container but forgetting to set the TZ variable all the time...

To Brian's point, there are a zillion timer nodes you can use. I do use bigtimer for this, but many others would work too.

Thank you, I also had the message wrong in big timer as well, I really like this tool, now I can knock off a few more automations.

Since I've had some issues with the C7 and zWave I am trying to pull everything off of the hub I have zWave devices on, Do you think maker API his less of a load than hub connect?

I haven't looked at hub connect in a long time (I left when it started requiring a login to access the code), so I'm not sure.

another question so I can screw up more stuff...:slight_smile: What node can I use to close the garage door at a specific time. No open time just to close it.

You could use bigtimer as above, but an inject node piped to a command node would be easier if it is a fixed time.

On the inject node at the bottom of the properties page you can set repeat to a specific time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.