Help with a working RM rule. To make it better

Ok, so here's a screenshot of the rule.

So, here's my vision:
Seems like it's taking forever for all of the lights to turn off. Because these lights have to wait for the chandeliers to turn off before they will delay the 3 minutes. The chandeliers are only on if activity in the room exceeds 10 minutes or between the hours of 5 and 7. So, I don't want to shorten the delay time for fear that they'll be flashing on and off all the time. Any suggestions on how to set this up so that the lights are turning off more at the same time? I can write new rules if that's what I need to do. Suggestions welcome.
Here is a shot of my kitchen/dining off rule which is in simple lighting. None of my off rules have restrictions. If there is no activity, no matter what time of day, I want the lights to shut off. I'll welcome any suggestion.

I'm confused by your question. If you want the Kitchen Cans to turn of closer to the Kitchen Island, why not add a trigger that when Kitchen Island turns off the Kitchen Cans turn off too.
Another approach would be to have two rules. I have a similar setup in my kitchen except one is "overhead" and one is a fan lights (over the dining area). I have one rule that turns the overhead off after 5 mins but only when the fan light is off and another that turns the fan light and overhead light off after 30 minutes but only when the fan light is on. That way, they don't butt up against each other. I can post the rules if you're interested.

Well, I have the lights set up on separate rules. The rules for the big lights are very specific. So the cans only turn off if the big lights are off. The big lights only turn on between 5 and 7 pm or if there is activity in the kitchen/dining room for more than 10 minutes. Indicating there is more than just a drink of water happening. So, I just wanted to streamline the rule because, let's say, we're in the kitchen for whatever reason and then head off to bed. The lights stay on for a long time. a total of 13 minutes before they all turn off after motion has stopped. I changed night mode to turn off the big lights when mode changes, so I thought that maybe I could streamline the interaction a little more closely. You kind've gave me some ideas, but that's what I'm looking at.

I'm confused...i thought you were looking for a different result, different functionality. You know what you have and it works how it works. If you want a different outcome, you have to change up something. Doing the same thing is going to result in the same outcome. Isn't that the whole point of you posting the question? Or were you just looking for affirmation?
Only you know exactly what you want, and it seems to me, you want the lights to function differently than they do. So... Change the rules to something else. Doesn't have to be mine. Don't delete what you have already, just pause them. Then try something different. That's the only way you'll know if you like it better. But if you immediately shoot down every suggestion because it doesnt match what you have now, you're not going to get a different outcome.

Actually, my rules for this are messy. I was looking for something that would be much smoother than what I currently have. And some good ideas on how to rewrite them. But, that's ok. Might be a lot to ask for input.

Rewrite them to get the same functionality? Why? If it works, why change it?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.