Help understanding what is going on with ZWave details and logs

I am just trying to understand what is going on here. Most of my devices look pretty good, and they are mostly switches so they are not sending much info unless people turn lights on and off. My two most chatty devices are the ones that seem to look much worse as far as the numbers go. The RTT numbers for this device just don't make sense though because any time I test it, it is responding quick.

Anyone have any insight on how to interpret this?

Device in question is a Zooz ZEN25 named "Double Plug". Yes I am aware of the history of this device, I am trying to troubleshoot it to see what is really going on. With all the reporting parameters dialed back it has been working pretty good despite what it looks like in the details.

Details of Double Plug

ZWave Logs for only the "Double Plug" - not sure why it keeps changing routes constantly either?

Details of some other devices for comparison

What I witnessed appears to be a watchdog reset of the firmware and this was seen on both C5 and C7.. Which could be detrimental to any devices routing through it as they would possibly need to re-route when this occurs..

Most likely from the watchdog resets as noted above..

Can you explain this further or point me in a direction where I can read up on it myself? Is this some sort of a watchdog built into the ZWave system? Something the hub is doing automatically or do you think it is something the device is doing?

I know for this ZEN25 it is known to have issues with S2 (apparently only for Hubitat??) and it is recommended to use no security. So does this issue with the watchdog reset only seem to happen with S2 then? But you said you saw it on a C5 as well and I didn't think the C5 supports S2?

I also have two sensors going right now, a ZSE11 and a ZSE40 (another known problem causer). The ZSE11 looks great on the mesh details but the ZSE40 looks similar to this double plug. But again, device seems to be working Ok.

I have had some hang ups on both problem devices but nothing to call a solid pattern yet. After pulling power and restoring it again they work fine. The only thing I see out of whack on both is the Zwave details metrics.

While understanding is laudable, at this point knowing the history and issues why not just pull it all together?

Solving a problem is a way to learn. The device has been working but the metrics on it look really bad. For all I know there could be something else going on unrelated to the specific device.

Good explanation here: Z-Wave Watchdog Timer Best Practices – DrZWave

I knew I saw that article somewhere in the past, but couldn't remember where. :+1:

So I adjusted the reporting a little more and also out of my two ZSE sensors the ZSE40 was looking similar so I moved it very close to the hub for about a week and now I moved it back to my office. For whatever reason now they both seem to be looking a lot better. I wonder if it was routing through the ZEN25 on occasion before I moved it.

Now I have some other devices that seem to be struggling with the metric but they are mostly working fine. So this might just be the nature of ZWave or should I be concerned?? The Kitchen sink light was giving me problems last night that didnt want to turn off from the dashboard but this was shortly after Alexa tried to turn it off which didnt work either. I have noticed sometimes turning off a big group doesn't always go smooth with Alexa.