Help to move this to RM

I would like to set my Ecobee thermostat Mode to "Home" or "Away" based on Hubitat's modes changing. I don't see anywhere to get Ecobee's Mode. Not auto, cool, heat. But Home, Away, Sleep.

That is the one thing that I am still doing 100% with webCoRE. I haven't taken the time to create all of the custom commands necessary to do it in RM. But what you have to do is go into Rule Machine and choose "Create custom command". Then select capability Thermostat and select your Ecobee. You should then see the option to select the command "SetThermostatProgram" from the drop down. Then you have to enter your parameters for the hold type you want. If you want Away indefinite, you have to select Away for parameter 1 and "indefinite" for parameter 2. Be careful of capitalization, the ecobee won't respond if it doesn't match exactly. When you click done, it will send that command to test it. Check your ecobee and see if it's set correctly. Then you have to click "save this command" or it won't actually save it. Repeat changing the parameters and saving until you have all the possible combinations you might want to use.

I will say this though...since Rule Machine doesn't let you use currentThermostatProgram or scheduledThermostatProgram, I am still managing my ecobee in webCoRE and so far it hasn't presented any problems at all.

Oh, that is perfect!

So do I need to do two rules for this or is there a way to keep it all in one rule?

It all depends on how many modes you have defined. Personally, I would do it in two triggers, not triggered rules.

Do you mean two condition rules?

No, a trigger.

I am lost on this one. If you look at my piston at the top...how do I get the second condition to be in the same rule?

First of all, you have a rule, not a trigger. I said TRIGGER.
Second, you have to have two triggers, not just one. Unless you only have two modes then you have to use more than one rule. If you only have two modes, home and away, then you can do it one, but you would only use Home or Away as your condition, and it would be true or false. If you have more than one mode, you have to do it with a trigger and you have to have more than one. Do you see what I mean by trigger? I posted a screenshot of what you have to click on.

I did click on the "Define a Trigger" and defined the two Modes. I do have more than one mode but I only want this to happen if Home or Away changes. In other words when we are leaving and arriving the house changes to Home or Away.

Okay..I didn't ask if you have one mode. I asked if you have two.
And I said you have to do it with TWO triggers. One for each mode. As in, define a trigger for home, save it, then define a second trigger for away.

So in two different RM's not in one?

You could do this with one rule provided you are either home or away and not any other location. If that's the case, then you could set up a rule where the mode condition is home. Then you could set the true and false for what you have above. In your screen sho you selected a triggered-rule. If you use a trigger, then you'd need two rules. If you use a basic rule, you can do it with one rule.

So, if home is true, then these settings, otherwise home is false and you have your away settings. I have mine setup this way.

Yes, like I said, unless you only have two modes. You still haven't answered me.

I have more than two modes. I have 5 modes right now. So I am thinking that I might have to use two rules.

Come on! That was a joke and it was funny.

Yes, I would use two separate triggers, not rules.

What I am trying to understand is that I would have to setup the two Triggers as separate Rules in RM not as one as in WebCore piston above, correct?

You keep saying rules...do you understand that in RM there are Rules, Triggers, Triggered Rules, Actions and Schedules? These are the 5 things that you seem to be lumping into Rules but it's not clear what you are going to use based on that term.

I am saying you would need two separate TRIGGERS. And each trigger would have one condition. One trigger would have the condition of Mode Changing to Away. And the other trigger would have the one condition of Mode changing to Home.

I know in webCoRE your piston can have conditions and triggers but in RM triggers means something else.

Well whatever you call these that are created by RM. Would I need two separate ones?

I can't see where I would have two Triggers with different Conditions and different Actions in the same RM thingy(piston).

Okay....when you go into rule machine. You see this screen.

The first one is a Rule, the second is a Trigger, the third is a Triggered Rule, the 4th is an Action and the 5th is a Schedule. I'm saying I would do it with two Triggers. So, two separate "rules" that aren't rules but triggers. Each rule-that-isn't-a-rule would have one condition.

You can't do it one rule-that-isn't-a-rule. To give you an idea, I have about 10 pistons and I now have about 55 rules-that-aren't-rules in Rule Machine. So, you are going to have a bunch more. Just have to come up with a naming scheme that will keep them grouped together for organization.