Help setting up a delayed, repeated rule

I want to have a rule that basically says:

IF (doors/windows are open) AND (thermostat is on)
Notify via Pushover after 30s delay
Repeat every 30s
Cancel on truth change
ENDIF

Currently I am just trying to get the cancel to work. Below is what I have tried, and it will not cancel the notification, ever. What am I doing wrong?

What's your trigger.

You would just need to have the correct triggers and then add the repeat. First, i would take off the delay on the pushover and instead add a delayed action of 30 seconds (instead of 15. Then above the pushover, add a Rpt every 30 seconds with cancel and after the pushover add and End-RPT. Then you should be all set.

So this is everything I have currently. Basically my window/doors opening are my triggers. The conditions are if they open and the thermostat is NOT off.

You didn't add the repeat. You also need to trigger off the Thermostat mode changing. Otherwise it might be repeating until you open a window.

I'm trying to get one of them working before I add more complications.

I'm not sure what to do there because there is not a NOT option for triggers. I want it to trigger whenever the thermostat is not off, so the only way to do that in a trigger is to do a thermostat Heat, Cool, Emergency and Auto.

Then you need to add the trigger of the HVAC changing. Also, I would change your delayed action to an action of delay. Leaves you more room for adding thing later.

If I set it to changing, if I open a window and then turn it off, I would get a notification when I first open the window and then another one when I turn off the thermostat while the window is open. I want the former but not the latter.

No you would not. Because the thermostat is off, you would not get a notification. That's the whole point. If the windows open, and you turn the AC on, would you want to get notified? The you need the thermostat as a trigger.

1 Like

So, this is what I have now and it is not working. I open a door and shut it a couple seconds later. 30s later, I get a notification.

No, you have to have the contact sensors also trigger on changed.

I got it all working now. Thank you for your help!

What is that section you have with device is? Is that part of your pushover?