Help setting led light strip to 6500k [SOLVED]

I thought I was at 6500k but the internet says it should be whiteish, mine is reddish? Any one know why? Thank you

for white, my color temperature is set at 4444 on my sylvania lightify.
try that and see if you like the color

To expand on that. You change the color with hue, level and saturation. or you can choose color temperature or color name. I believe that each setting can be found on the internet. By luck, I found that 4444 was the temperature that I liked for my lights. Bright white. I'm not sure of the color name or hue, level, or saturation combo for it, though.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

did it work? Don't leave me hangin'
:grin:

Nope, I think mine are broken. Won’t even change colors. Generic driver?

which driver are you using? Which bulb/led?

rgb/rgbw/rgbww?

let me look at mine. I think that's right. did you hit configure when you added it?

Yes I have the sylvania lightify, which is essentially the same thing and that is the driver that I use. If you look in your routing tables, which is hit and miss, do you see the light strip listed there? That would at least be an indicator that it's communicating.
You can find that here http://enteryourhubipaddress/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

I found the problem them led wasn’t properly conrrcted to the 5 fin connector. Return it is

Awh nutz! Well I'm glad the issue became apparent after we began discussing it. I'm sure you're planning on replacing. Sylvanias are nice bulbs but be aware that they're known to cause issues in HE. I actually run them on a second hub away from everything else for this reason. I just wanted you to know be aware of that. I don't think that one strip would give you problems, but something to be aware of for future. If you do a search, you'll find good information pertaining to that.

I’ll probably bite the bullet and spend $100 plus on a hue one

what about rgbgenie? I've heard good things about those too.

These are Zigbee repeaters then?

the sylvanias will repeat, but very poorly and with issue. Is that what you're asking?

Yes, darn it, I'm going to cancel my order I just placed. I'm not going through that mess again (Sage Bulbs - terrible repeaters)

Yah if you don't have a second hub, then know that the sylvanias will be the bane of your existence working as terrible repeaters in your mesh. I have them on a second hub and they're wonderful as long as they're alone. Sengled are really the only bulbs that don't repeat and I don't know if they have an led strip. I'll look now.

[EDIT]
hmm ... I might be investing in these
https://www.amazon.com/Sengled-Multicolor-Required-2000-6500K-Assistant/dp/B07QD2SGDB/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=sengled%2Bled%2Bstrip&qid=1591122270&sr=8-5&th=1

I might have to break out the ST hub just for these, but would hate to buy a second hub for a few strips. I requested to cancel my order - just placed it 10 minutes ago, so should be able to catch it before it ships... Thanks

1 Like

I also use smartthings for echo speaks. My second hub houses my cree bulbs and lightify strips. I'll find other uses for it.