Help resolving (simple-ish) rule

Hey all,

Iā€™ve ventured into what Iā€™d call more complex rules but still very simple and Iā€™m struggling to resolve this.

I want to setup a rule that turns on our bedside lamps. I think I need to set the following but I just canā€™t figure it all out.

• If motion detected and virtual switch is on and sunset or after turn on lamps

• turn off lamps when virtual switch is set to off

• Turn on virtual switch on 20 minutes before sunset

To sum up my idea I want the lamps to come on when we enter the room and itā€™s night time, I want to manually turn the lights off but for that rule to apply each night.

Am I over complicating my rule?

I am able to get the lamps on, but canā€™t get them off again!

So, you only want the lights to turn on once when motion is detected? I would recommend this:

1. Use modes to detect when you are awake or not. I have 4 modes, day, night, sleeping and away
  2. Add a condition to the rule that you have to be in day or night mode for the lights to come on.
  3. when going to bed, set your mode to night.

That's just how I would do it personally. That way the lights can be on-off with the motion sensor all day, not just once. Seems a waste of a motion sensor.

Gives me some food for thought, sleeping have me a refreshed mind and I can picture how Iā€™d do it. I might give scenes a go

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.