HELP Previously working Osram bulbs stopped responding

I have two Osram BR30 RGBW that have been working without problems until this morning. (Yes, I know, crappy bulbs. I've read the forums)
This morning the bulbs were turned on by a rule but did not turn off when they should have. The bulbs are connected via a group 2.1. When I checked the device page for both the group and the individual bulbs they show as off but, they are physically on. They did not respond to on or off commands.
Nothing has changed with the Zigbee network except I did add a plug fairly close to the location of the bulbs. My assumption is that should have actually helped the Zigbee mesh.
I reset the bulbs and tried to re pair them. Bulbs flash appropriately showing pairing mode but the hub will not recognize them when rub discovery.
Any ideas what I should try next?
Thanks for any help

I usually try turning off at switch for a couple of minutes then on again before going the whole hog and resetting. That's got most of my stuck bulbs listening again. Did you delete the devices from the device list before trying to pair again?

I did try the switch off for a while then recheck but they remained unresponsive. I did not delete the devices before trying to re pair because I'm trying to not have to redo rules, groups dashboards etc that use them.
My understanding is that if I try to re-pair a Zigbee device that was previously included, the hub will just re-find the device and assign it the same ID

You could be right. I have one Osram bulb but I decided to include it into the Hue hub system.

Unfortunately Osram/Sylvania bulbs use different firmware in North America and Hue hubs won't pair with them. Sure would be nice to have a way to change that.

That's correct although sometimes I never see a response from the hub that it happened. You just try the device page and they are working again.

this stopped happening for me once I put them on their own Hubitat hub.

Thanks. I did check the device page and the bulbs aren't connected. They still flash colors like they are in pairing mode when I turn them on from the "dumb" wall switch. Just refuse to pair. There is a repeater plug about 15 ft away from their location. The plug was just added the day before this problem started. I even unplugged the switch just to make sure it wasn't causing some kind of interference.
Might be time to change the bulbs to regular LEDs and put in a zwave wall switch

Could you put the bulbs into a fitting near to the hub, just for long enough to try and pair them? I usually keep an old spare table lamp specifically for this purpose

Which plug exactly?

It's just a cheap Zigbee plug but, I know it works as a repeater because I've used same type to extend Zigbee mesh to my garage (detached from the house)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.