[C-8] Zigbee devices that do not pair correctly in HE

This trace isn't the device initially joining the network that I can see, at least I'm not seeing the typical frames that we send.
Please send me the modified outlet driver that you are using that includes the fingerprint added as well as the delay.
The issue is that the device is requesting a trust center link key in frame 377, we send it in frame 379 but the device is not responding, probably as it's busy processing other commands from the driver.
This is why it's important that the device select the correct driver, (not Device), and that that driver not send any configure commands for several seconds so as to give the device time to process the trust center link key that we sent to it.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

This is the very simple driver that I use for testing. On/Off works with all other Tuya plugs, but _TZ3000_okaz9tjs

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/main/Drivers/Misc/Tuya%20Black%20Magic%20driver.groovy

Later tonight I will record and compare what are the differences when pairing as a new device between the problematic plug and these that work OK.

1 Like

If you could provide a capture of the problematic device pairing using your test driver on a hub with no other zigbee devices that may be helpfull.

I tried to move as many as I could of the devices paired to the Dev hub to the main hub, hope the wireshark scan is a bit cleaner now.
/TBH, there was at least one battery device that I couldn't locate where I have put it in my room... probably in some of the drawers (ashamed) /

_TZ3000_cehuw1lw.pcapng is the scan result of another TS011F plug that works fine, initially joining using the test driver.

Filter by NWK 0x16e2

_TZ3000_okaz9tjs(2).pcapng is the problematic device new capture, initially joining using the test driver.
Filter by "zbee_nwk.addr eq 0xb306" in WireShark

My theory is that the problem may be in the Route Request broadcasts (frame 57 as an example) <> Route Reply by HE (frame 60)

I have not seen Route Request / Reply frames when sniffing any other Zigbee device that stay connected to HE. (or have not paid attention until recently)

I see only this _TZ3000_okaz9tjs and one another 4 socket extension plug sending these Route Requests.

:+1: _TZ3000_okaz9tjs pairs and is working without a problem with C-8 ! :+1:

EDIT 04/12/2023 - currently broken in Hubitat platform version 2.3.5.124 :frowning:

:+1: _TZ3000_cfnprab5 pairs and is working without a problem with C-8 ! :+1:

EDIT 04/12/2023 - currently broken in Hubitat platform version 2.3.5.124 :frowning:

1 Like

Same problem with a Xenon SM-SO306 power strip:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 64
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_cfnprab5
  • model: TS011F
    it pairs, during the pairing it works fine, as soon as pairing stops it's no longer accessible. Here in US/CA, happy to ship/loan it to @mike.maxwell or do some testing locally (have a Z2M instance with a sonoff as well)
1 Like

It is one of the devices that now works as expected with C-8 and the inbuilt Generic Zigbee Multi Endpoint Switch diver, but will not work with the old C-7 hub, because it requires Zigbee 3.0 hub.

1 Like

Correction: yes, it works fine on the C-8. I 'Rebuild Network' (hadn't done that before) and after removing, repairing and initializing I can now switch all 5 different outlets

interesting. I am on the c-8. but might relate to the updates we discussed in the other thread.

1 Like

Sadly, I can add the new Sonoff temperature and humidity sensor w/ LCD display to the group of devices which work only with the new C-8 Zigbee 3.0 hub.

1 Like

Hi @mike.maxwell . I have a Tuya Valve Controller (Model TS0001). I was able to get it to pair on the .125 platform release with my c-8, however, it falls into the second group of Zigbee devices @kkossev pointed out in this thread that do not stay connected to HE because the network ID keeps changing. I'm in the US and willing to ship the device to anyone who wants to take a look.

1 Like

Out of interest, how did you pair this with the C-8? I had the exact same problem you originally described, namely the same UK strip plug, with the same manufacturer and the same application data in the device details, not working on the C-7 hub.

It's very useful to me to have a strip plug with individually controllable sockets, so I bought a C-8 hub specifically to try to get this working, but I can't even pair the plug now.

I migrated my C-7 to C-8 using the cloud migration tool, which appears to have worked very well. However, the switch still didn't work in the C-8 straight away, so I removed it with a view to pairing it again.

I am now totally unable to add it as a new device and no amount of switching it off for a while/holding down the switch for 5+ seconds is resolving the issue. There doesn't appear to be a way of factory resetting it as far as I can tell?

I see you're saying it now doesn't work again as of 2.3.5.124, but surely I should be able to add the device at the very least? I'm on 2.3.5.125.

I had trouble pairing my Tuya Valve controller on the C-8. What worked for me was to do some resets and rebooting of the Zigbee network. Here is what worked for me (thanks to @Ken_Fraleigh) . It now pairs but on/off still does not work due to the issue I described above.

I removed one of my valves from my C-8 and it also got stuck on the never-ending loop of initializing, telling me to name the device, but the device would go back into pairing mode every time I pushed the devices on/off button. I did get it to rejoin by removing it again, rebuilding the zigbee network, rejoining it and naming it, etc (still didn't work), then I rebooted the zigbee radio, reset (not removed) the device, put the hub back into zigbee pairing mode, and boom it joined properly.

1 Like

I paired the strip on the first day I got my C-8, it was a week later after the official announcement. I also paired successfully the other problematic TS011F plug (yes, I have an UK socket used with an adapter). And I got very excited then… but a few weeks later the consecutive updates related to other Zigbee devices not pairing to the new C-8 (probably with the Hue motion sensor issues fix attempts) broke the successful pairing again.

Do you happen to still have the instructions that came with it? I can't figure out how to factory reset the plug. The whole thing is now largely useless, the Zigbee can't be used at all so it's just a £35 dumb strip plug.

Failing that, does anyone know the website of the manufacturer? Seemingly there is no reference to "Xenon" anywhere outside of Amazon, so I'm pretty stumped.

Try holding on on/off button for more than 30 seconds. Then disconnect the extension plug from the mains for a minute or two.

Xenon is abviously not a manufacturer, but a reseller of Tuya-based products made by different manufacturers in China.

1 Like

Hmm. Thats interesting.
Mine doesn't work at all.
C-8
TZ3000_cfnprab5

Mine doesn’t work at the moment also.
It worked for a short period with the first platform versions when C-8 was released, now is broken again.

It's a boomer really.
The trouble is they are very popular and inexpensive compared to other makes.
I paid £35 in the UK and I believe that's the only one available on the market right now at this kind of price anyway.
Is the same with other Tuya stuff.
TRV for example £25 compared to Z-wave for £80.
What gets me the most is that this Strip works perfectly ok on the old CC2531 dongle. Unfortunately for me, I don't know how to integrate zigbee2mqtt on Hubitat.

@mike.maxwell

Any news for this problem? We have already spent months in several chats discussing this problem, that the power strip Xeon SM-SO306 works perfect when it is in pairing time, and then stops working.

As @kkossev mentioned in another opportunity, some solution must come from the Hubitat team, and I really don't consider changing my C7 to a C8 because of one device, besides seeing some comments above that it is not the solution in many cases.

Please, we really need help from Hubitat team on this solution.

Thanks.